Need help with a good case for this build

levital09
Go to solution Solved by Faceman,

Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Phantkes Enthoo Luxe

Stay away from the H100i, it has a bad mounting problem.  As well as noisy pump and buggy software.

Also, why a locked processor with Z motherboard and liquid cooling?  Get the i7-4790k.  If all you are doing is gaming, the i5-4690k is all you need.

Get an SSD.  Its a must have nowadays, especially at your budget.

Buy a better PSU.  You are overpaying for a poor quality PSU.  The one I selected is excellent quality, and less expensive.

Here is a much, much better build:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/F2zP99
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/F2zP99/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($317.25 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($107.93 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($81.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP600 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($59.40 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card  ($349.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($102.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $1324.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-06 17:07 EST-0500

so i want a good size case for this build and it will be my first and i don't want to have an expensive case somewhere under the 200 range for this build below thanks let me know 

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
**CPU** | [intel Core i7-4790 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646i74790) | $309.99 @ Newegg 
**CPU Cooler** | [Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-cpu-cooler-h100i) | $99.99 @ Newegg 
**Motherboard** | [Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz97xgaming5) | $119.99 @ Newegg 
**Memory** | [Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-memory-cml8gx3m2a1600c9) | $67.99 @ Newegg 
**Storage** | [seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seagate-internal-hard-drive-st2000dm001) | $84.99 @ Newegg 
**Video Card** | [Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-video-card-gvn970wf3oc4gd) | $349.99 @ Newegg 
**Power Supply** | [Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-cx600) | $69.99 @ Newegg 
**Operating System** | [Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/microsoft-os-wn700615) | $102.98 @ Newegg 
 | | **Total**
 | Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available | $1205.91

| Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-06 16:33 EST-0500 |

Phanteks Ethnoo Luxe

NZXT H440

BLACKWIDOW: i5 4690k - MSI GTX970 - 2x 4gb GSkill RJ X - 256gb MX100 - 1tb WD Blue - NZXT H440

Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Phantkes Enthoo Luxe

Stay away from the H100i, it has a bad mounting problem.  As well as noisy pump and buggy software.

Also, why a locked processor with Z motherboard and liquid cooling?  Get the i7-4790k.  If all you are doing is gaming, the i5-4690k is all you need.

Buy a better PSU.  You are overpaying for a poor quality PSU.  The one I selected is excellent quality, and less expensive.

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP600 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($59.40 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card  ($349.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Newegg)

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Cooler Master CM690 III is great and has a lot of space for big radiators =)

Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Phantkes Enthoo Luxe

yeah i forgot to update the part picker i am getting the 4790k & also the motherboard i had that one that you chose as my first option, so the SLI or the gaming 5? & i will be playing games but also like game animations and rendering so i heard the i7 is better for that 

Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Phantkes Enthoo Luxe

also i don't really know much about computers but why get a ssd i heard a lot about getting one but why

also i don't really know much about computers but why get a ssd i heard a lot about getting one but why

SSD is super fast storage.  Anything installed on the SSD will run faster.  The biggest benefit for going with an SSD is installing your operating system on it.  Nothing, and I mean nothing will give you a "new computer, money well spent feeling" like an SSD.  Having your OS installed on the SSD will improve boot and shut down times, as well as overall system responsiveness.  As a minimum, go with a 120GB SSD.  This will allow you to install your OS and a few frequently used programs.  Everything like like games and media should go on your HDD.

Motherboard doesn't really have an impact on performance, its about what features it has.  Find a motherboard that has the aesthetics and features that you like, and you're set.  Both of those motherboards you mentioned are very good and feature rich, can't go wrong with either.  Me personally, I'm an Asus guy because I love their BIOS and included fan software.  I will forever buy Asus motherboards because of how intuitive and laid out everything is within their Suite.  I'm sure other manufacturers are good, but Asus takes the cake.  Fan Xpert is something I cannot live without.  That being said, Asus motherboards are generally more expensive.  Their RoG line of motherboards are stupid expensive and for no reason.  If you want something that is not too expensive, yet has great features and looks good, the Asus Z97-AR gets my vote.

1111148.jpg

Do you live near a Microcenter by chance?  If you do, there are incredible deals on CPU + Motherboard bundles that are the best in the country.   Definitely go for the i7.  For games, i7 doesn't benefit you over the i5, but for content creation that you plan to do, it will help a lot.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

SSD is super fast storage. Anything installed on the SSD will run faster. The biggest benefit for going with an SSD is installing your operating system on it. Nothing, and I mean nothing will give you a "new computer, money well spent feeling" like an SSD. Having your OS installed on the SSD will improve boot and shut down times, as well as overall system responsiveness. As a minimum, go with a 120GB SSD. This will allow you to install your OS and a few frequently used programs. Everything like like games and media should go on your HDD.

Motherboard doesn't really have an impact on performance, its about what features it has. Find a motherboard that has the aesthetics and features that you like, and you're set. Both of those motherboards you mentioned are very good and feature rich, can't go wrong with either. Me personally, I'm an Asus guy because I love their BIOS and included fan software. I will forever buy Asus motherboards because of how intuitive and laid out everything is within their Suite. I'm sure other manufacturers are good, but Asus takes the cake. Fan Xpert is something I cannot live without. That being said, Asus motherboards are generally more expensive. Their RoG line of motherboards are stupid expensive and for no reason. If you want something that is not too expensive, yet has great features and looks good, the Asus Z97-AR gets my vote.

1111148.jpg

Do you live near a Microcenter by chance? If you do, there are incredible deals on CPU + Motherboard bundles that are the best in the country. Definitely go for the i7. For games, i7 doesn't benefit you over the i5, but for content creation that you plan to do, it will help a lot.

Well definitely getting a SSD now! Thanks!!! & ill look into the asus definitely & i live near a tigerdirect ? But will the i7 affect gaming like a drastic change from the i5 or is it just a couple fps lost?

Well definitely getting a SSD now! Thanks!!! & ill look into the asus definitely & i live near a tigerdirect ? But will the i7 affect gaming like a drastic change from the i5 or is it just a couple fps lost?

Oh no, the i5 = i7.  There is no performance lost.  In one game the i7 is even better than the i5, but thats just one game.  For content creation, that is where the i7 really shines through because of its hyperthreading.

Tigerdirect doesn't have in-store deals like Microcenter does, so maybe wait on Black Friday/Cyber Monday and pounce on the deals.

Yea, definitely get the SSD, you will love the speed.

Oh no, the i5 = i7. There is no performance lost. In one game the i7 is even better than the i5, but thats just one game. For content creation, that is where the i7 really shines through because of its hyperthreading.

Tigerdirect doesn't have in-store deals like Microcenter does, so maybe wait on Black Friday/Cyber Monday and pounce on the deals.

Yea, definitely get the SSD, you will love the speed.

well then the i7 is for me! :D

My parents are going to buy it black friday/ cyber monday so i definitely will look for deals!

Thanks again best help ive ever gotten :D

well then the i7 is for me! :D

My parents are going to buy it black friday/ cyber monday so i definitely will look for deals!

Thanks again best help ive ever gotten :D

Happy to help man, definitely stick around the forum.  People are always happy to help with your questions.  I remember I came here looking for build help just like you, and ended up sticking around because I kept having questions even after I built my system, and this forum was the best place to get help.

Happy to help man, definitely stick around the forum. People are always happy to help with your questions. I remember I came here looking for build help just like you, and ended up sticking around because I kept having questions even after I built my system, and this forum was the best place to get help.

definitely will stay here, thanks again man