Software that inputs passwords into a web-browser from text file?

Hi everybody,

I'd like to make software that reads passwords and login info from a text file into multiple web browser based accounts like a bank website, Facebook, etc.

I know this is something Cookies are already used for, for instance, saving your login info for a particular website, and it populating already when you go to that web site, but I thought it would be fun for me practice wise to make something that does this based on a text file that I would keep on my personal computer.  Security I know would be another issue, but, I would probably just make this text file a database for things that aren't really worrisome to me like Facebook or just non-worrisome accounts like Flickr or something like that.

What would I have to learn?  HTML?  

I already know a little visual basic, and am going to start learning C#.

Any recommendations and input would be greatly appreciated!

I know there is probably already similar software out there like this, but, this would be fun for me just as a learning experience.

Thanks! 

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC

i use lasspass for all my password needs, it is a chrome/firefox add on that store and auto types in paswords for you.

this is how i would go for it.

can start here https://developer.chrome.com/apps/first_app

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

i use lasspass for all my password needs, it is a chrome/firefox add on that store and auto types in paswords for you.

this is how i would go for it.

can start here https://developer.chrome.com/apps/first_app

Cool!  Thanks

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC

Yeah, I think for something like this you're going to want to make a browser extension. I expect you'll need to learn a bit of Javascript for this.

If you are only worried about one browser for this, and simply logging in, creating an extension is probably your best bet. If you want to be able to use any browser, and be a little more flexible, I'd suggest looking into Selenium. 

If you are only worried about one browser for this, and simply logging in, creating an extension is probably your best bet. If you want to be able to use any browser, and be a little more flexible, I'd suggest looking into Selenium. 

Thanks!

You're going to want to understand JavaScript, spreadsheet interpretation in JS(CSV, JSON), and some HTML knowledge of how input and form fields work.

You can learn both JavaScript and HTML from Code Academy for free, as well as some other languages.

I might be wrong.

You're going to want to understand JavaScript, spreadsheet interpretation in JS(CSV, JSON), and some HTML knowledge of how input and form fields work.

You can learn both JavaScript and HTML from Code Academy for free, as well as some other languages.

Thanks!