small cases that can fit EATX motherboards

Chucky401

I'm looking at building a new pc and I'm pretty set on building a custom water cooled pc with sli 980s but I don't know what case I want to use. I was looking at the 450D for ages thinking that was the case of choice but it doesn't fit EATX motherboards- realistically- but I love the look and size of it. I'm not fussy about price and I quite like square cases so if anyone knows of a case that is about the same size as the 450D but fits EATX it would be much appreciated

You can't really get a small case for EATX, what do you need it for?

No cube case will accept EATX.... unless it's the biggest goddamn cube case I've ever seen. If you want EATX motherboard, water cooling and sli type of room, you want a full tower case. You also don't want any full tower case as some, even at that size, offer crappy air flow or space arrangement options.

Spoiler

NZXT H440 can fit an EATX mobo, though I wouldn't recommend it for a custom loop

There isn't really a point in fitting an EATX mobo in a small case, anyway I recommend Enthoo Pro

I'm looking at building a new pc and I'm pretty set on building a custom water cooled pc with sli 980s but I don't know what case I want to use. I was looking at the 450D for ages thinking that was the case of choice but it doesn't fit EATX motherboards- realistically- but I love the look and size of it. I'm not fussy about price and I quite like square cases so if anyone knows of a case that is about the same size as the 450D but fits EATX it would be much appreciated

You might be able to fit everything into a 450D using something like the extensible H240-X with its integrated pump, reservoir, and radiator.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

No cube case will accept EATX.... unless it's the biggest goddamn cube case I've ever seen. If you want EATX motherboard, water cooling and sli type of room, you want a full tower case. You also don't want any full tower case as some, even at that size, offer crappy air flow or space arrangement options.

Air 540

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.

I was also look at the caselabs mercury S8 but it's pretty big for what I want

You can't really get a small case for EATX, what do you need it for?

I realise I won't get a small case just not a full sized case, just if preferable a smaller mid tower would be perfect. A case I do love is the 780T which would suffice but if there is smaller I would take it

You might be able to fit everything into a 450D using something like the extensible H240-X with its integrated pump, reservoir, and radiator.

That was what I was going to do but I'm starting to worry whether everything will actually fit

That was what I was going to do but I'm starting to worry whether everything will actually fit

I don't see why not. The only real issue it seems to me is placement of hdd as a front/bottom 280/240 radiator for gpu will necessitate removal of the internal hdd cage.

I don't see why not. The only real issue it seems to me is placement of hdd as a front/bottom 280/240 radiator for gpu will necessitate removal of the internal hdd cage.

In my mind I know what I would do in a 450d I'm just not sure whether a EATX motherboard will fit

In my mind I know what I would do in a 450d I'm just not sure whether a EATX motherboard will fit

According to Corsair the 450D supports mini-ITX, mATX, ATX, and E-ATX.

According to Corsair the 450D supports mini-ITX, mATX, ATX, and E-ATX.

I've seen that too but nowhere on the internet can I find an actual build with an E-ATX motherboard in the 450D but thanks for looking

I've seen that too but nowhere on the internet can I find an actual build with an E-ATX motherboard in the 450D but thanks for looking

Haven't seen a full loop build with an E-ATX in the 450D, but there is room.

Corsair-Obsidian-450D-1-660x633.png

IMG_1069.JPG