Chromecast Doesn't Work

Hi forum,

So today I bought a chromecast. I connected it to my internet on a 2.4ghz band and then went through the setup process on my Galaxy Note 3. After the setup I went straight into the YouTube app, and it worked great. However, no other cast enabled apps seem to work, The screen cast feature also doesn't work as it says it can't find a cast enabled device. I know for a fact that my phone can connect to the chromecast as I am able to tweak settings in the app, and the changes show up on the TV. I am also using an ASUS RT AC66R as a router. Why is YouTube the only app that is able to cast? I bought this thing mainly to cast from Crunchyroll and to screen mirror, and neither of these seem to be working.

Thanks in advance!

CPU: AMD FX 8350 GPU: Reference GTX 980ti Motherboard: Gigabyte 990fxa-Ud3 (rev. 4.0) RAM: 16GB 1600 Speed Memory Power Supply: Corsair CX600m 600 watt PSU Case: NZXT H440

So a few things:

Casting from a computer only works if you are using Chrome Browser and the Google Cast App. This will only cast the tab in which you click on the "Cast" icon.

Try factory resetting the Chromecast from the App on your phone and then perform the setup process again. It may grab an update it missed the first time.

What other apps have you tried? Are they the ones listed in the Chromecast app's built in app list? 

Is your phone on the 5 ghz signal or the 2.4 ghz signal?

CompTIA A+ Certified

"We are all cups, quietly and constantly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip yourself and let the good things pour out." - Ray Bradbury