should i water cool

nmc678

should i water cool my 

Are you planning on overclocking?

Please use http://pcpartpicker.com/ for everybodones sake!

and quote me if you want me to see a reply please :)

pewpewpewphysicslazers!!!

OP if you are getting a 4790K I hope you are overclocking it and as for water cooling it well there are air coolers that are more affordable that do a really good job but it is up to you.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

OP if you are getting a 4790K I hope you are overclocking it and as for water cooling it well there are air coolers that are more affordable that do a really good job but it is up to you.

like what because over clocking is a second factor i need something that doesn't make a lot of noise 

The stock cooler works, but not well or quietly. Either get a high end air cooler or an all in one liquid cooler.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

The stock cooler works, but not well or quietly. Either get a high end air cooler or an all in one liquid cooler.

is the CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i good Extreme Performance  and will it fit in NZXT Phantom PHAN-001BK Black Steel

is the CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i good Extreme Performance  and will it fit in NZXT Phantom PHAN-001BK Black Steel

That cooler is a good choice and should fit in that case.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

should i water cool my 

from your info, i'd say no. a simple mid-high ended air cooler can provide enough thermal control.

if you are looking for high voltage clocks, then it'd be a consideration. but not a requisite.

from your info, i'd say no. a simple mid-high ended air cooler can provide enough thermal control.

if you are looking for high voltage clocks, then it'd be a consideration. but not a requisite.

+1 to this, Something like a Noctua NH-D12/14 / Dark Rock 3 Pro, etc. will do a good overclock easily, with out making your case sound like the local airport....

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.