NZXT source 530 or phantom 530?

gadgetfreak77

I am a little confused on which of the above case to buy? Are the extra dollars of the phantom 530 worth it.? I will be use my pc (i7 haswell , r9 290x ) for gaming. I am  concerned about the build quality and features and not aesthetics. Which case would you recommend?

Phanteks enthoo pro. Cheaper then phantom 530, a little better cooling and very good build quality.

Also ( in my opinion) the phanteks enthoo pro looks better since i don't like the plastic-ish look from the phantom series.

"I fart in your general direction" -The Frenchmen

They use the same internal frame. The Source 530 is just a more-bare Phantom 530. 

Any reason you're looking at full towers?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I want a small full tower case because I add lots of hard disks and I also plan to crossfire. 

In my county (India), only nzxt cases are available. So which case do you recommend. Are the build qualities of the above Nzxt cases equal to the build quality of corsair obsidian 750d and similar cases from coolermaster?

I want a small full tower case because I add lots of hard disks and I also plan to crossfire. 

In my county (India), only nzxt cases are available. So which case do you recommend. Are the build qualities of the above Nzxt cases equal to the build quality of corsair obsidian 750d and similar cases from coolermaster?

The 750D is a bit better built but the Source/Phantom 530 are still solid. 

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

How do I quote a post or tag a member? I am new to forums , so please bear with me.

Another question, will the source 530 be able to hold large power supplies like corsair ax 1200 and will I be able to build a high end gaming pc(2000$ ) with the source 530?

thank you

There's a quote button on every post.

This is how you tag --> @

The Source 530 supports psus up to 180mm long with the fan installed and even longer without the fan. 

Sure, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to stuff a lot of stuff in the case. 

There's a quote button on every post.

This is how you tag --> @

The Source 530 supports psus up to 180mm long with the fan installed and even longer without the fan. 

Sure, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to stuff a lot of stuff in the case. 

I tried using the quote.  Did I do it fine? 

Is the 40$ price point of the obsidian 750d over s530 worth . I am not interested in the looks of cases. The 750d comes with only 1 hdd cage.

I tried using the quote.  Did I do it fine? 

Is the 40$ price point of the obsidian 750d over s530 worth . I am not interested in the looks of cases. The 750d comes with only 1 hdd cage.

Yeah, that worked fine. 

Whether it's worth it or not depends on what features you need. If you don't need a more expensive case, save your money.