so much adware..

Tsuki
Go to solution Solved by TDP_Equinox,

i actually do have a fair bit of computer knowlage and have used HijackThis a few times in the past I'll probly give it a shot if this crap shows up again.  normally im great with viruses and crap like that, and im able to keep it gone for a full week before it comes back, its just driving me crazy that it keeps coming back. and the only shady things that show up in Revo are WinPcap and Cain&Abel.

For now ive installed an actual antivirus other than windows by itself (NOD32) which has actually picked up a few things nothing else has so hopefully that'll do it.

EDIT: ran HijackThis before i left for work. nothing worth mentioning showed up

hehe i know the feeling, im actually constantly pulling SafeSearch of one of the 9 computers in the house cuz nobody knows how to internet.   but its luckly not on this one yet. and yes i do use both adblock(sorry linus) and ghostery

If it is reoccurring adware, then you are never fully removing it.

Run each of those tools in safe mode with networking and reset your browsers (all of them).

edge doesnt run on chrome, and it wouldnt help honestly since the problem is actual adware, that still runs despite that.

i currently use adblockplus and ghostery though.

Adware can infect you through ads. But if you're using AdBlockPlus then that's fine.

Adware can infect you through ads. But if you're using AdBlockPlus then that's fine.

i havent seen an actual ad in over 6 months lol except hulu, cuz hulu is a bitch and breaks when you try to kill its ads.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.