Ceres 500 or QH-85?

furtest

Hi guys!

I'm actually looking for a new headset to replace my old sennheiser PC3 chat which just broke a week or so ago.

I've seen two well rated headsets: the CM Storm ceres 500 and the QPad QH-85.
I'm looking for something with a good sound (I've got a siberia v2 home but won't travel with it because it could broke)

The computer I'll be using with it is an old HP for about 700€ (+- the same in dollars though) with a traditionnal soundcard (not pretty thus ^^) but hasn't great performances and I'm wondering if a USB headset wouldn't help a little bit to reduce the CPU usage (sometimes up to 12-15% for sound!)

What do you think is the best choice?

I've heard that the mic of the ceres 500 is really amazing... That's quite important for me.

Thank you a lot ;)

Furtest (aka furest because of the mistake :P)

Try looking at the HyperX Cloud, its basically a QPad QH-90 but for cheaper (my region anyways)

Desktop: i7-4790k, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB, 2xR9 290 Vapor-X's (1 working atm), Asus Z97-Pro, NZXT H440 White, 16GB G. Skill Sniper RAM, NZXT HALE V90 850W.

Laptop: Samsung Chromebook 11.6" 

Phone: 8GB Galaxy S4

Is the mic the same (I heard it's quite bad on this headset)?

if you want an open deisgn headset get the QH-85's, I've got them myself and they're simply amazing. Mic quality is fine, ofc it isn't like a professional studio mic (duhh) but it gets the job done. Sound quality is amazing though.

If you want a closed design headset get the clouds or QH-90's.(both the same but hyperx took the QH90's and rebranded them).

Thank you guys for answering me :)

I finally choose the cloud ;) 

When I think I nearly chooser the kraken 7.1 I come from very far ^_^ (not that it's shit but there is more tasteful xD)