why uplay is bad?

lovingGamer

I know that it is, but i want to know why..
I never before had uplay installed, and today is my birthday and i got Watch Dogs (platform: uplay)

Just like Origin, it's just a store with a bad friends system and it often doesn't work. It's just useless.

At times I like Origin better then steam.

But I do agree, Steam has the best everything else, it's not just a store with some other random crap, which is what uplay is.

Origins getting better, but in most aspects isn't as good as steam though. I use Outcome though so I don't usually have to open origin save to download/install something.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

At times I like Origin better then steam.

But I do agree, Steam has the best everything else, it's not just a store with some other random crap, which is what uplay is.

Origins getting better, but in most aspects isn't as good as steam though. I use Outcome though so I don't usually have to open origin save to download/install something.

I do like that Origin sometimes downloads at 30 mbyte per second. Don't know how but it does.

I do like that Origin sometimes downloads at 30 mbyte per second. Don't know how but it does.

I think that includes installation speed as well.  I was downloading titanfall on an 802.11g connection at 30MB/s.

"Since the Internet is almost diametrically opposed to the notion of Quality Control, in recent years it's been a lot easier to just assume everything's s**t until it can prove itself otherwise".  Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw (2008)

I think that includes installation speed as well.  I was downloading titanfall on an 802.11g connection at 30MB/s.

That makes sense. I'm on a 50mbit per second 802.11n connection. And other times Origin downloads at 3.2mbps (slower than Steam btw).

Uplay is fine if you want to play games and stuff, it is just not too useful

I have Far Cry 3, Blood dragon and crew beta on it and had no problem with it

just do not expect it to be something like steam but still usable

I personally wouldn't mind it just as a shop, but they, like EA, wanted a cut of the Steam pie so they made their own ridiculous front-end that does nothing but fragment people's gaming collections and split player-bases.

steam is the best, but i haven't had any issues with uplay or origin, but they (uplay & origin) have done a crappy job on something they could just copy off steam a bit

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

For me, I don't like Uplay because:

-Their servers fail HARD for titles at launch

-The fact that in addition to steam and origin, I now have to have a third DRM program running if I want to play my games