Is the LGA_1155 a dead socket?

Do you think any future cpu will be based around this socket?

no

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Calling it dead is a little harsh as Ivy Bridge and even Sandy Bridge still compete with Haswell, but no, there won't be any new cpu with 1155.

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

There won't be another 1155 CPU but I'm pretty sure that Ivy and Sandy bridge will be used in the future, so not really dead.

Current Rig:    AMD FX 8350 @ 4.3GHz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk Edition | ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z | ASUS AMD Radeon HD7950 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Red 1866MHz RAM

EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750 Watt PSU | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD | ASUS DVD Writer | CM Storm Trooper Windowed Edition

Peripherals:    BeyerDynamic Custom One Pro | Func MS3 | Steelseries QcK | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown (on release)

There wont be any new developments but at the same time id still consider Ivy to be better for the Overclocker, Being that the crappy TIM, 3D Tri Gate Transistors, slightly concave IHS and on chip VRM have been causing big heat problems for some reviewers and the retail chips have been looking in worse shape 

Honestly while the on chip VRM was in theory a good idea it produces far too much heat hell Logan managed to crater his sample of which he himself said was likely a cherry picked chip given the void between many of the review chips and retail of which he will now be testing thanks to NCIX 

give a man a gun he robs a bank, give a man a bank he robs the world

It will die as Intel has started the phasing out process with Haswell but it will be a long time to come as Sandy and Ivy Bridge are really good CPUs. I myself think they are not telling us all we need to know about Haswell as hardly any board maker or intel talks about temperatures from overclocking Haswell, all they say is don't go past 1.200 volts. As a result if i build a rig again it would be socket 2011. 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.