GTX 980 Ti announced?

KR_king

Or this is just Nvidia posting something about their cards being used for calculations....

It's these comments that amuse me with how much people just...don't know about these cards. Just like with the 780 being GK204 and the 780 Ti being GK210, nothing will change here. The "980 Ti" will use the GK210 chip.

The GTX 980 ti wont use a GK chip, GK is for kepler and GM is maxwell

i7 4790k | ASUS Z97 Gryphon | 8GB Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz | Asus Direct CUII GTX 770 1267/3829 | Stock Cooler | Antec Neo Eco 520W | WD Green 1TB

Silverstone TJ08-e | Klipsch Promedia 2.1 | Razer Tiamat 2.2 | LG 24EN43VS | Razer Naga (2010) | Razer Lycosa (2010)

Planned PC Upgrades: https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=325661&action=wish_lists

The GTX 980 ti wont use a GK chip, GK is for kepler and GM is maxwell

wow he made a typo... have him burned at the stakes for it

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

wow he made a typo... have him burned at the stakes for it

I didn't mean for it to be taken harshly. I was just helping for people that would come and read the thread to gather info.

i7 4790k | ASUS Z97 Gryphon | 8GB Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz | Asus Direct CUII GTX 770 1267/3829 | Stock Cooler | Antec Neo Eco 520W | WD Green 1TB

Silverstone TJ08-e | Klipsch Promedia 2.1 | Razer Tiamat 2.2 | LG 24EN43VS | Razer Naga (2010) | Razer Lycosa (2010)

Planned PC Upgrades: https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=325661&action=wish_lists

I didn't mean for it to be taken harshly. I was just helping for people that would come and read the thread to gather info.

then read the thread :P me and some others have already explained the meaning behind chip codenames here :) (and in many other threads) (and i didnt mean to be hostile either)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

just about all scientific calculators from Texas Instruments have Ti in their title. Maybe a clue, I say not, Nvidia doesn't really do clues.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Sadly I predict GK 210 aka 980Ti aka Big Maxwell (that is what I call it personally bc who knows if it will be 9XX xx) will not been seen for a LONG time.

Thats funny... I made a joke just last month about Ti standing for Texas Instruments, guess I'm not the only geezer who used one of those calculators in school.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Nope sorry. I have at-least 6 calculators of that brand for engineering. Sorry man, I think you are a little to out there on this one.