China claims title of having the fastest computer in the world

revz

Source: http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/06/technology/enterprise/fastest-supercomputer/

And yes it is faster than the Titan (Not the GPU) but I'm sure all of you are thinking "but will it run Crysis 3?".

Aside from the lame joke, as a graduate student doing CFD work I believe this is a pretty big deal. I personally waste many days waiting for results to come out and analysis and would love to have that time shortened. Although the most annoying has to be to find you've set up the simulation incorrectly after it finishes running. With this China's research capability will most likely increase. Also the current stated calculations per second seems to be only temporary, further digging they stated last year they were aiming for 100 petaflops at the end. However looking at history I won't be surprised if another country pops up to claim this crown. Now if only I could have access to it ....

Notes: First post =D

IF this is true.. Nvidia's GTX Titan's competitor would be... AMD Radeon HD Milkyway(Galaxy)

Wat, that sounds horrible :B

IF this is true.. Nvidia's GTX Titan's competitor would be... AMD Radeon HD Milkyway(Galaxy)

Wat, that sounds horrible :B

For some reason that name makes me think more about the chocolate "MilkyWay" rather than the galaxy. God I can't even imagine the colour scheme on that...

For some reason that name makes me think more about the chocolate "MilkyWay" rather than the galaxy. God I can't even imagine the colour scheme on that...

Yeah me too :lol:. It would probably be glossy black and red so no worries there...