Window 8: How TF do I install?

SoftenButterCream
Go to solution Solved by NIGHTSHADE0,

When you purchase windows you are given a key be it physical on the disc case or digital which most people opt for. The "iso" key you are talking about doesn't make sense, there is literally 3 steps to installing windows which @H4X3R stated. There is a retail version and a personal version. You can use both on multiple machines but you can only have 1 mobo linked to the said key at one time on the personal version.

1. Purchase windows be it digitally downloaded or a physical disc.

2. Install using a usb ( can find multiple youtube videos showing how to make an image (ISO) on the usb ) or use the disc if you have a drive.

3. Enter the key when prompted and it should activate automatically if you have an internet connection if not phone them.

Its so simple its almost fool proof, I'm not having a dig but how do you think you will cope if you have to install drivers/software/ work out any bugs during the build process if you cant work out how to install an OS?

Good luck :)

I watched the vid where linus shows you how to install and etc. But he said something about a ISO code. So i'm kinda of lost on which window's to buy. Before I place my order on the system builder one. I was wondering which Windows 8 has this sort of key, and can be used in more than one motherboard. 

Remember a wise man once said, "You'll most likely hear/see more bad reviews from products than good, because if they get a good product, they won't bother to write a review, and if they got a bad product, they'll complain about the product" ~ SoftenButterCream

You sound like you are looking for a windows retail key, not OEM.  That is the type that can (legally) be installed on multiple motherboards.  IIRC, that costs about $130

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

You dont need to buy the retail version. Simply download the windows 8/8.1 ISO from wherever (lots of sources, just google it). Then use a software like this one (http://wudt.codeplex.com/) to mount the .iso on a USB. Then install it. Use your OEM key (you need to buy it legally, the ones on the internet WILL NOT work). If it says that the windows version is not activated, simply activate it using the phone method. This worked for me, 2 times.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

You sound like you are looking for a windows retail key, not OEM.  That is the type that can (legally) be installed on multiple motherboards.  IIRC, that costs about $130

Is it for system builds though? Installing multiple computers isn't really necessary for me. But does all Windows 8, such as the system builder one have the ISO key or whatever so i can install using a USB drive?

Remember a wise man once said, "You'll most likely hear/see more bad reviews from products than good, because if they get a good product, they won't bother to write a review, and if they got a bad product, they'll complain about the product" ~ SoftenButterCream

You dont need to buy the retail version. Simply download the windows 8/8.1 ISO from wherever (lots of sources, just google it). Then use a software like this one (http://wudt.codeplex.com/) to mount the .iso on a USB. Then install it. Use your OEM key (you need to buy it legally, the ones on the internet WILL NOT work). If it says that the windows version is not installed, simply activate it using the phone method. This worked for me, 2 times.

Sorry kind of lost. This is my first build.

Sorry kind of lost. This is my first build.

Where are you lost at?

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Where are you lost at?

Everything lmfao. Sorry about that. http://www.amazon.com/Windows-8-1-System-Builder-64-Bit/dp/B00F3ZN2W0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414718561&sr=8-1&keywords=windows+8+system+builder Is it possible to install Windows 8 with a flash drive with this system builder version?

When you purchase windows you are given a key be it physical on the disc case or digital which most people opt for. The "iso" key you are talking about doesn't make sense, there is literally 3 steps to installing windows which @H4X3R stated. There is a retail version and a personal version. You can use both on multiple machines but you can only have 1 mobo linked to the said key at one time on the personal version.

2. Install using a usb ( can find multiple youtube videos showing how to make an image (ISO) on the usb ) or use the disc if you have a drive.

3. Enter the key when prompted and it should activate automatically if you have an internet connection if not phone them.

Its so simple its almost fool proof, I'm not having a dig but how do you think you will cope if you have to install drivers/software/ work out any bugs during the build process if you cant work out how to install an OS?

CPU: I74770K @ 4.2, MOBO: ASUS Z87 EXPERT, RAM: CORSAIR VENGANCE PRO 16G @ 1886, GPU: EVGA DUAL FTW GTX 780, CASE: NZXT H440 WHITE, STORAGE: 840 EVO 120GB (OS), 1TB SAMSUNG 7200 RPM (MASS), PSU: CORSAIR RM750, DISPLAY: DUAL LG/ACER 1080p LED, COOLING: H100i, STOCK CASE FANS, ACCESS: RAZER DEATH ADDER + GOLIATH PAD, WHITE SLEEVED CABLES, UV LEDS.

Everything lmfao. Sorry about that. http://www.amazon.com/Windows-8-1-System-Builder-64-Bit/dp/B00F3ZN2W0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414718561&sr=8-1&keywords=windows+8+system+builder Is it possible to install Windows 8 with a flash drive with this system builder version?

Yep. Just follow the steps i gave and it'll be up and running.

@NIGHTSHADE0 breaks down the steps i mentioned a little further.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Thanks bro. Just had to process in my brain haha.