HP envy z6-1100 (A10)

rainbrodash666

So we just got our thin & light laptop in, it hs the envy z6-1100 we got it with the AMD A10-4655m  @2.0ghz with HD7620 gpu and 8gb of ddr3 1600 and a 320gb 7400rpm hdd, and back-lit keyboard.

the price after shipping and adding a mouse was ~$550 

OUTSIDE: the laptop looks great, the top is brushed metal with a little plastic and a tastefully placed HP logo, the bottom is a red soft touch plastic with venting and four round feet, there is not a removable battery,

INSIDE:keyboard feels a little cheap as it bulges up in the middle, but the back-light looks good & is still a well readable keyboard with the back-light off, and the button to turn the back-light on is always lit so you can see it in the dark if the backlight is not on. the wrist rest and keyboard bezel is plastic that looks like brushed metal and the nice large touch-pad is plastic with concentric circles and controls nice and smooth

AUDIO: it is kind of loud for a laptop, but pretty much a piece of software and a beats logo, sounds like the Altec-Lansing audio that the last hp had. has sub-woofer that helps keep low freq clearer at higher volume.

HEAT: Idles with internet open at about 41c, after 10 mins of prime 95 small fft the temp maxed at 70c and hovered around 67c to 68c

the room temperature is ~25-26c (test was done with laptop on flat wood table)

GAMING: plays metro 2033 at auto settings at about 20fps so it is not quite playable, will try farcry3 blood dragon soon and report back

UPGRADE: The entire bottom comes off in one piece. the usb ports have thin plastic around them with a clip in it and if you upgrade the ram like I did watch out it can break very easily, and the design inside the laptop is very open and elegant. may be upgrading to an SSD.

BATTERY: the battery lasts 5 hours while using internet with screen 3 settings above minimum, and lasts 4 hours with heavy internet and performance power settings. Also charges quickly. 

BLOATWARE: not much bloatware and took less than 5 minutes to uninstall all of it.

SLEEP/RESUME: time to sleep is about 4 seconds, and time to resume is 2.5 to 3 seconds(would be amazing with an ssd)

THOUGHTS: I really love the lack of touch buttons that you can accidentally push like on the HP dv6 this replaced, 

I love the extendable rj45 jack, I love the internal layout. I love how solid this feels as a whole unit, The bulge in the keyboard is annoying, the screen could be higher resolution but I can't really complain.

Any questions just ask.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

how is the screen color?

because at this moment I'm using HP envy 4 as my laptop and the screen is not so good (bad) (quite bad for the price point about 900$ for my laptop). My screen looks like it's washed out. the color is not sharp also very bad viewing angle.

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

• 2 weeks later...

how is the screen color?

because at this moment I'm using HP envy 4 as my laptop and the screen is not so good (bad) (quite bad for the price point about 900$ for my laptop). My screen looks like it's washed out. the color is not sharp also very bad viewing angle.

sounds like you have a tn panel 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))