Small to no clue what i am doing

sparky880

You should download updated drivers for the motherboard's website. As to how to get a bootable usb drive:

Prices change quite often in general.

I found my CD key and im having a bit of trouble i guess i went to the windows sight and i was directed here 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/answers?tId=7d964b05-2be9-4800-bc7f-3ca30356fc3d

I have windows 7 home premium so does that mean i have to buy windows 8.1? or am i just not finding the right area?

I guess i can still get the optical drive and install that way but it would take much longer

What are the good qualties to look into when purchasing a power supply id like one with LED's or is that something more to go wrong, if you can tell i want my computer blinged out lol

With current case styles the psu is typically mounted on the floor of the case with the intake fan facing down. LED lighting would only be visible at the rear and underneath the case.

Good detailed reviews from reputable sources are about the best guide when looking for a psu.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

With current case styles the psu is typically mounted on the floor of the case with the intake fan facing down. LED lighting would only be visible at the rear and underneath the case.

Good detailed reviews from reputable sources are about the best guide when looking for a psu.

Alright thanks for getting back to me! Im almost ready to order everything up.

You should download updated drivers for the motherboard's website. As to how to get a bootable usb drive:

Prices change quite often in general.

Im wondering if i use my external HDD can i load other things  onto it other than windows after i partition it and put it on the HDD?

Hey guys first time posting here. I heard it was a great community and i really need some help making the right decisions. My price range is around 1000 dollars for the following parts. Case, Cpu, Mobo, power supply,SSD, HDD, and CD drive. Im using my gtx 760 superclocked 4GB, Corsair Hydro Series H60 for the cooling, and Ripjaws DDR3 1866 Pc3-14900 8192-MBx2 (16GB) for the computer im building. Im thinking about a full tower for the Airflow and convenience of how things will be arranged on the inside. Im currently overclocked to 3.3Ghz from 2.6 and running very cool. my mobo is a Pt6se asus (several years old) as well as my Intel core i7 CPU 920 also (several years old).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/ref=nav_wishlist_btn

^me not to smart i see

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RyVrwP

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You want to pay nearly $1/Gigabyte for an SSD? You can pay $0.50-$0.70 per Gigabyte and still have stellar performance. Seems kind of silly to get an 850 pro for a gaming rig. Take that same amount of money and buy an SSD of double the capacity. Something like a Crucial MX100. It's a perfectly good drive and higher value for your money. Don't buy tricked out parts on a not-so tricked out budget. JM2C.

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.

I found my CD key and im having a bit of trouble i guess i went to the windows sight and i was directed here 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/answers?tId=7d964b05-2be9-4800-bc7f-3ca30356fc3d

I have windows 7 home premium so does that mean i have to buy windows 8.1? or am i just not finding the right area?

I guess i can still get the optical drive and install that way but it would take much longer

I'm not sure what you mean. The same thing works regardless of the version of Windows.

Im wondering if i use my external HDD can i load other things  onto it other than windows after i partition it and put it on the HDD?

Yes but the boot image has to be on a primary partition.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'm not sure what you mean. The same thing works regardless of the version of Windows.

Yes but the boot image has to be on a primary partition.

What i meant was i couldnt find the same link that they did and do the same process to put it on to a thumb drive i could only find the following video in order to do it, and i still feel nervous that i will screw something up  

What i meant was i couldnt find the same link that they did and do the same process to put it on to a thumb drive i could only find the following video in order to do it, and i still feel nervous that i will screw something up  

What link?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

In the windows 8.1 to usb tutorial they clicked an evaluate link to get to the 8.1 enterprise 64 bit download and then they used that, and put it on the USB i cant find the same link or anything like it to put windows 7 on a usb other than doing the partition on the external drive and do it that way