Need help

Mystery321
Go to solution Solved by Oxide_44,

It has a better feature set and more on-board options and will probably be more reliable. Graphics card can be added later if he decides to play something that needs more oompf. Could still build a system for cheaper, but yeah as far as pre-builts go, that should be a pretty good option.

So my friend is going to buy a pre-built (-_- yeah I know, I tried to convince him otherwise) and I was wondering if the one I picked good value for the money

http://www.pcworld.ie/Mobile/Product/hp-pavilion-500326na-desktop-pc-black-and-silver/318275/307#ctl00_ctl00__nestedContent__mainpageContent_ProductFamilyDetailsView1_liProductDetails

He said he was going to do some light gaming on it like minecraft, car mechanic simulator, etc. My question is the a8-6500 + r7 240 good enough for the said gaming. I wasn't sure where to post this so please forgive me! I think he has a 1280x720 monitor if thats relevant xD.

Thanks in advance :)

So my friend is going to buy a pre-built ( -_- yeah I know, I tried to convince him otherwise) and I was wondering if the one I picked good value for the money

http://www.pcworld.ie/Mobile/Product/hp-pavilion-500326na-desktop-pc-black-and-silver/318275/307#ctl00_ctl00__nestedContent__mainpageContent_ProductFamilyDetailsView1_liProductDetails

He said he was going to do some light gaming on it like minecraft, car mechanic simulator, etc. My question is the a8-6500 + r7 240 good enough for the said gaming. I wasn't sure where to post this so please forgive me! I think he has a 1280x720 monitor if thats relevant xD.

Last time a friend did that I flat out told him he's on his own.

But, yeah, for minecraft and light simulator, that will work. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Last time a friend did that I flat out told him he's on his own.

But, yeah, for minecraft and light simulator, that will work. 

Thanks for your input :)

So my friend is going to buy a pre-built ( -_- yeah I know, I tried to convince him otherwise) and I was wondering if the one I picked good value for the money

I mean, it'll work, but damn is it over priced. 

I could be very wrong

That setup should be ok, but I would advise against a HP. The price of those are way too high, and upgrading those models are a no-go. Newer HP pre-builts are also not exactly built with quality in mind these days either. For $500 you can probably find a better pre-built.

Main Rig "Bishop": Proc:i7 4790K, Mobo: EVGA Z97 Classified, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB @2400Mhz, Case: Corsair Air 540, Cooling: (4) AF120mm (2) AF140mm Corsair H110, PSU: EVGA G2 1000W, SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Black 2TB

Even if its €70 off its still over priced xD. Thanks for your reply

Wow.   That's over $600.   There's a current thread where some one asked for part recommendations for his friends $500 budget that has better parts than that HP.    

There are some advantages to a manufactured computer, but I hope the OP's friend realizes the trade-offs. 

That setup should be ok, but I would advise against a HP. The price of those are way too high, and upgrading those models are a no-go. Newer HP pre-builts are also not exactly built with quality in mind these days either. For $500 you can probably find a better pre-built.

Do you recommend any good manufacturers?

Wow.   That's over $600.   There's a current thread where some one asked for part recommendations for his friends $500 budget that has better parts than that HP.    

There are some advantages to a manufactured computer, but I hope the OP's friend realizes the trade-offs. 

I know right! I tried to convince him but he wouldn't listen to me.

I know right! I tried to convince him but he wouldn't listen to me.

If I were to buy a manufactured computer again, it would probably be a notebook.   Would he like one of those?    Integrated Intel HD graphics really isn't all that bad (I think it's up to 5000 or 5200 now) or maybe one with an AMD APU.  

Do you recommend any good manufacturers?

Asus makes pre-builts, and they are not half-bad. Honestly anything with a CPU will run what he wants to run. My advice for him is to invest in a cheap prebuilt (A6 or Intel i3) and just shell out some cash for a non-powered graphics card;

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ILALU28/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00ILALU28&linkCode=as2&tag=jayz05-20&linkId=OKXUCWGKPJSZUPN5 <--- This would be a good option for a pre-built.

Main Rig "Bishop": Proc:i7 4790K, Mobo: EVGA Z97 Classified, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB @2400Mhz, Case: Corsair Air 540, Cooling: (4) AF120mm (2) AF140mm Corsair H110, PSU: EVGA G2 1000W, SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Black 2TB

If I were to buy a manufactured computer again, it would probably be a notebook. Would he like one of those? Integrated Intel HD graphics really isn't all that bad (I think it's up to 5000 or 5200 now) or maybe one with an AMD APU.

He specifically said he wants a desktop though :/

Asus makes pre-builts, and they are not half-bad. Honestly anything with a CPU will run what he wants to run. My advice for him is to invest in a cheap prebuilt (A6 or Intel i3) and just shell out some cash for a non-powered graphics card;

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ILALU28/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00ILALU28&linkCode=as2&tag=jayz05-20&linkId=OKXUCWGKPJSZUPN5 <--- This would be a good option for a pre-built.

Hmm Im pretty sure my friend's parents want a complete pre-built and are not willing to buy computer parts to install. He is quite stubborn :/

Should I look for an asus pre built?

Uhhh, for the 5 minutes it takes to put a card into a slot I'm not sure what the big deal is on that, but ok.

And yeah I would say ASUS would be a really good option.

Uhhh, for the 5 minutes it takes to put a card into a slot I'm not sure what the big deal is on that, but ok.

And yeah I would say ASUS would be a really good option.

What do you think of this?

http://www.pcworld.ie/Mobile/Product/asus-m32bf-desktop-pc/318287/307#ctl00_ctl00__nestedContent__mainpageContent_ProductFamilyDetailsView1_liProductDetails

It has a better feature set and more on-board options and will probably be more reliable. Graphics card can be added later if he decides to play something that needs more oompf. Could still build a system for cheaper, but yeah as far as pre-builts go, that should be a pretty good option.

Thanks so much for your help :)