Need help putting together a budget video editing PC

WHOISRYO

hello guys, new member from Indonesia here. nice to meet you all :)

i really need help on deciding the best components i should use in putting together a budget video editing PC.

because i have major budget constraints (planning on keeping it under $600), maybe an AMD build will be more wallet friendly? what do you guys think?

here's what i currently have:

PSU: Silverstone OP650 (bought, leftover from previous PC)

HDD: 1TB WD Green (bought, leftover from previous PC)

here's what i'm planning to get for the build:

Processor: AMD 8320

Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R.2.0

Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB (c9 1600 or c11 2133?)

what do you think about the build? also, what graphics card should i use if i want to keep the budget under $600?

thanks guys, looking forward for your opinions :)

here's what i'm planning to get for the build:

Processor: AMD 8320

Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R.2.0

Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB (c9 1600 or c11 2133?)

what do you think about the build? also, what graphics card should i use if i want to keep the budget under $600?

Get an SSD because living with a green drive as a boot drive is just a life full of pain. How much are the mobo+CPU+RAM going to cost?

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

Why not get the 8320E? It's like the 8320 with a lower clock speed and has a lower TDP.

Also what about the Gigabyte 970A-UD3P? Or do you want Asus because of it's features....

Get an SSD because living with a green drive as a boot drive is just a life full of pain. How much are the mobo+CPU+RAM going to cost?

won't have enough budget for an SSD i think. the mobo+CPU+RAM total is already around USD 431

Why not get the 8320E? It's like the 8320 with a lower clock speed and has a lower TDP.

Also what about the Gigabyte 970-UD3P? Or do you want Asus because of it's features....

the 8320E and GA 970-UD3P are not available here sadly :(

won't have enough budget for an SSD i think. the mobo+CPU+RAM total is already around USD 431

the 8320E and GA 970-UD3P are not available here sadly :(

Well i have the M5A97 R2.0 and 8320 and it runs fine for me.

It's going to be horrible using a green HDD as a boot drive though, so definitely get an SSD later. The best GPU for what's left over would probably be an R9 270 considering you're not in North America where R9 280s are dead cheap

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Well i have the M5A97 R2.0 and 8320 and it runs fine for me.

awesome! glad to hear it runs great. i guess i'll be getting them.

It's going to be horrible using a green HDD as a boot drive though, so definitely get an SSD later. The best GPU for what's left over would probably be an R9 270 considering you're not in North America where R9 280s are dead cheap

will do definitely once i'll have extra budget coming in. any SSD you recommend? (brand, capacity and model?)

and for the GPU, will an R9 270 able to handle a comfortably fast 1080p video editing and rendering?

awesome! glad to hear it runs great. i guess i'll be getting them.

will do definitely once i'll have extra budget coming in. any SSD you recommend? (brand, capacity and model?)

and for the GPU, will an R9 270 able to handle a comfortably fast 1080p video editing and rendering?

SP610, MX100

ADATA SP610 (SP600 is fine too)

Intel 520/530

OCZ ARC 100

HyperX Fury/3K

Comfortably fast 1080p video editing will already be handled by the 8 core FX. The 270 will give you some decent gaming performance, as well as an improvement in rendering speed if the editing program you're using supports GPU acceleration with AMD cards.

Hey there, @WHOISRYO!

As @EcoBoost already mentioned, you're not going to be able to build a decent video editing PC with the WD Green drive. 

However, it's going to be a reliable storage for your projects and data, once they are finished. :)

An SSD as a boot is the most reasonable solution as suggested. As for an HDD that would allow you to edit your videos and use the needed demanding applications, a WD Black will be suit your rig perfectly. These drives are specifically designed to work in environments that demand higher performance of the storage. The capacities vary from 500 GB up to 4 TB with 64 MB cache and 7200 RPM. You can check it out for yourself here and see if it suits your budget: http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=760

Hope this helped. :)

SuperSoph_WD

I hope I can help with any storage issues that you may have!  ;) 

hey guys, sorry for the insanely late reply.

just finished assembling the PC. i'ts finally done! :D

here's the complete hardware list:

CPU: AMD FX 8320

Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R.2.0

RAM: Team Dark 2x8GB DDR3 2133

VGA: HIS R9 270X

PSU: Silverstone OP650

HDD: 500GB WD Black + 1TB WD Green (SSD boot drive is coming once i get extra budget)

Case: Corsair 230T

pretty happy with the build. and yea, thanks so much for all the help and suggestions guys.

couldn't have done it without you :D