Bumblebee X99 Build Log

Nem

Installing the fans was straightforward - same as any other fan installation. Those fan rings will be coming off in about a month to get spray painted. CPU block was no problem either. I had multiple options for the reservoir, but given that I didn't want to drill any holes in the case I had to use pre-existing holes which resulted in the mounting rings being closer together than I wanted them to be

11-b.jpg11-c.jpg

The hardest part about all of this is that Magicool decided that customers will only be mounting the reservoir in a pull config at the top position. It took me an entire day to find extra screws that were the correct size to be able to mount the fans in push. I also need to find some type of silicon grommets/rings/pads for the pump to sit on because right now I can hear vibrations against the case which are mildly annoying.

12-a.jpg

The loop is currently filled with distilled water and will remain this way for a day to make sure no major problems crop up

can't wait to see the results :D

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

Everything went well with the distilled water run. I drained the loop and poured in the Mayhems coolant which looks so much nicer. Turns out that I didn't think the loop through enough and I'll probably end up adding a bleed port higher up in the loop so it will have an easier time draining.

13-a.jpg13-b.jpg

Case closed up:

14-a.jpg14-b.jpg

So the build is complete for now. I'll have to wait about a month before I can spray paint the fan rings which should tie everything together.

Not sure if I want to throw some white (or yellow?) LEDs inside the case or not...opinions on this?

Not sure if I want to throw some white (or yellow?) LEDs inside the case or not...opinions on this?

Definitely not white, but a bit of yellow will fit just right.

Looks great, btw. I like it

And failing to act, for fear of the risk, is no different than a living death. No matter what world you’re in.

Yeah go with some yellow led strips and you'll be lookin' mighty fine. Does look a bit darkin that last picture, but with leds it will looks amazing. Keep up the building!

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help.