NH-U12P SE2

dodo

Is noctua NH-U12P SE2 good enough for cooling a processor like i7 3770k at 4.6 ghz ?

It "should" depending on your silicon lottery and how much, if any, voltage you need to add to get there. Increasing voltage adds a lot of heat. You could also look at a D14 which if it fits your case, would give you a bit more headroom....

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

It "should" depending on your silicon lottery and how much' date=' if any, voltage you need to add to get there. Increasing voltage adds a lot of heat. You could also look at a D14 which if it fits your case, would give you a bit more headroom....[/quote']

the NH-D14 SE2011 will not fit the LGA1155 socket without a major purchase.

the hardware included is for LGA2011 only.. i know, ive got two of them and had

to rob from the D14/C14 mounting kits to make it work.. just a FYI..

OP, if you are holding to a 4.6 overclock you need to be on a high end cooler. if you

are satisfied with 4.2/4.3 overclock, the U12P will be fine..

airdeano

It "should" depending on your silicon lottery and how much' date=' if any, voltage you need to add to get there. Increasing voltage adds a lot of heat. You could also look at a D14 which if it fits your case, would give you a bit more headroom....[/quote']

OP, if you are holding to a 4.6 overclock you need to be on a high end cooler. if you

airdeano

They don't even sell the bracket separately from what I've read. Such a shame as its their only PWM high end cooler last I checked.

airdeano

Thanks for that tip Airdeano - good to know. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99