PS3 as switch

WhatARoaster

Does anyone know if i can use the wireless on my ps3 to connect to my router, then use the Ethernet port on the back to supply an internet connection to another device?

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.

As far as I know you cannot use the PS3 as a bridge to supply a connection to another device.

Win10 - AMD 5800X, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Elite, RX 6800XT Midnight Black, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB, ARCTIC Liquid Freezr II 360-ARGB, Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB, Cooler Master V850, Fractal Design Meshify 2

unRAID - AMD 1700X, GIGABYTE B450 Aorus Pro, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB, Noctua NH-D9L, WD Red 4TB x3, WD Green 2TB, Intel 160GB SSD, Seasonic S12III 550W, Fractal Design Node 605

pfSense - Intel i5 4570S, ASUS H97I-PLUS, Samsung Green 8GB, Zalman CNPS80G, WD Scorpio Blue 320GB, EVGA SuperNova GA 550W, Fractal Design Node 304

Get a EA-N66 from NCIX.

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

4790k @ 4.7ghz  (EVGA CLC 360MM) | 32GB Patriot Viper Extreme @2133 mhz | Asus Z97-DELUXE Cooler Master H500M.| EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3

Maybe if your ps3 is old enough to support linux. I'm not to sure though.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

No, I don't believe you can

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

If you install your computer OS onto the PS3 you may be able to transfer the connection. They will need to be using the same wireless reciever though and in that case I don't see why you would need to transfer a signal through the PS3... But like I said, try installing your current OS onto your PS3. Then try.

If you install your computer OS onto the PS3 you may be able to transfer the connection. They will need to be using the same wireless reciever though and in that case I don't see why you would need to transfer a signal through the PS3... But like I said, try installing your current OS onto your PS3. Then try.

If he's running Windows or OSX he can't install his main OS to his PS3. The PS3 uses an IBM Cell processor which has a completely different architecture than either of the preciously mentioned operating systems will run on.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

If he's running Windows or OSX he can't install his main OS to his PS3. The PS3 uses an IBM Cell processor which has a completely different architecture than either of the preciously mentioned operating systems will run on.

FALSE. I DID IT

for the time and hassle you will go through to get the ps3 to do this, you'd be better off to buy a decent wifi card or usb wifi adapter off of ncix.com and save yourself the trouble and stress