Is there a full ATX case like a bitfenix prodigy

Dizzi Fish

I love the idea of the bitfenix prodigy however, I just built a new rig and due to impatience I got a cheap case, I wanted to upgrade my case later on. I was going to get a nzxt switch 810 but I decided a smaller case would be better, as I go to LAN parties a lot, so I wanted to know if anybody knew of a full ATX case like the bitfenix prodigy. In style and size, style is not to important as its not the end of the world metal is prefered but its not needed as long as the plastic does not feel cheap. I also need mounting for a corsair h55 and space for a XFX HD7770, SSD mounting would be nice, I don't have any yet but I am going to get some just thought all the other info would be good to say before hand.

Thanks

Asrock Fatil1ty 990fx - AMD FX-6300 - XFX ATI 7770 - Patriot Viper 1866Mgz - Corsair CX600 - Acer G226HQL

Razer Blackwidow, Naga, Vespula, Nostromo, Megaladon/Electra (Yes i like razer, not a fan boy just they have never let me down)

replying in support of the HAF XB recomendation

replying in support of the HAF XB recomendation
It needs to sit beside my desk and next to my bookshelf. I need the tower form factor as it is easier for carrying and LAN parties, I will keep it in mind though, thanks.

Asrock Fatil1ty 990fx - AMD FX-6300 - XFX ATI 7770 - Patriot Viper 1866Mgz - Corsair CX600 - Acer G226HQL

Razer Blackwidow, Naga, Vespula, Nostromo, Megaladon/Electra (Yes i like razer, not a fan boy just they have never let me down)

I guess would be the next best thing for you.
It needs to sit beside my desk and next to my bookshelf. I need the tower form factor as it is easier for carrying and LAN parties, I will keep it in mind though, thanks.

I guess would be the next best thing for you.
Maybe a
then?

It looks like I'm the OP now that they reverted posts, lol. Dizzi Fish is OP and asked about a case that had supported full size ATX.

CM Storm Scout 2 has really good handles at the top, support for up to a dual 120mm radiator in the top and is somewhere around $100. It only comes with 1 fan but stock fans are normally pretty crap.

I think I will go with the scout 2, the c70 is a good case but not too keen on the styling although the cover over the reset button is cool. The scout looks better in my opinion and is slightly cheaper, thanks for the help guys.

Is there any reason it needs to be full ATX?

I'm going to suggest the Bitfenix Survivor, because it's probably the closest thing to the Prodigy, stylistically (it also has a retractable handle, but I'm not sure how sturdy it is). Even that isn't particularly compact for a full ATX case though.

If you're looking for compact and space-efficient, the Prodigy's probably a bad reference point. Before I entered the thread I thought "Damn, a full-ATX case like the Prodigy would fill half a room". For a mini-ITX case, it's HUGE. As it goes, I think I probably own one of the two smallest ATX cases - the Lian Li PC-A05NB. If you aren't in the UK you might have a hard time finding that though, so take a look at the PC-A05FNB instead. It's nothing like the Prodigy stylistically, but by moving the PSU to the front it's about as short an ATX case as you'll find. The second is the Cooler Master Elite 361, which is pretty primitive, but saves space in the same way - by moving the PSU to the front. That should also be fine if you're only using a 7770 though.

• 2 weeks later...

I would also recomend the BitFenix survivor OR maybe go with some mITX bild and get the prodigy?

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting