Amp Dac or Sound Card?

Smooth Bunz

Which would be best for my situation.. 

I'm using the front audio header which I hear static and some other noises when not listing to anything
(before you say to plug directly into the mobo I have tried but I can't hear certain audio through it why? I have no idea) 

I game and listen to music a lot!! 

I want good quality and I must be able to plug a single 3.5mm into it (I will still except it if it uses an adapter for this) 

Price has to be under $150 but I want it to be worth it and not a waste of money 

The reason you probably can't hear certain audio through the back is because of your settings in Windows Sound or the Sound Mixer on your toolbar. 

Check those before you buy anything. If you do end up needing to get an external sound card of some type, I recommend the Fiio E10k.

The reason you probably can't hear certain audio through the back is because of your settings in Windows Sound or the Sound Mixer on your toolbar. 

Check those before you buy anything. If you do end up needing to get an external sound card of some type, I recommend the Fiio E10k.

I can hear everything if I go stereo but I like virtual 5.1  and ill take a look at that fiio

I can hear everything if I go stereo but I like virtual 5.1  and ill take a look at that fiio

Virtual 5.1 will do that no matter what you do because most audio is not mixed to be 5.1 directional. Plus, it's virtual. You're going through stereo, you're going to get stereo no matter what you do.

What motherboard do you have? I really think your best option is to plug it into your motherboard. 

If you want virtual 5.1, either enable it in your video game or download razor surround.