DAC selection

Selfish_android

I recently bought the Sennheiser HD558 headphones, im looking for a DAC+AMP, which one do you recommend me, saw a video of linus talking about the Fiio E10k is that one a good buy? what about the Bravo Audio V2 amp i get that the DAC would be my integrated sound card in my ASUS Z87A

so what would sound better Fiio E10K or Bravo AMP + Integrated sound card.

Fiio e10k, or even the Syba Dac (it's an amp as well): http://www.amazon.com/Syba-Stereo-Headphone-Amplifier-SD-DAC63057/dp/B009WN7QT4

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I recently bought the Sennheiser HD558 headphones, im looking for a DAC+AMP, which one do you recommend me, saw a video of linus talking about the Fiio E10k is that one a good buy? what about the Bravo Audio V2 amp i get that the DAC would be my integrated sound card in my ASUS Z87A

What about your current setup? Does it sound really bad, static noises, low volume, distortion and clippings anywhere? If none of that, than you simply don't need any additional device.

Doesn't mean you can't buy one (hey, it's your money after all). Buy the one you like, if you want to. Just remember that you buy it because you want to, not because you need to. It's quite different in the expectation. If you think you need one, you'll most probably be very disappointed when it turns out not so much different (if any) than your current setup. 

E10k got many good reviews. I've owned E10 myself, and I can vouch that it does the job pretty well.

Get the Bravo Amp only because you like the look (the metallic blue casing and the vintage tube look). There are mixed reviews on the net about it, some like it, others despise it.

I really like the Schiit modi+magni, I've used them with the HD558 and the 598 and they sound really well together. They even give you some headroom to upgrade your headphones down the road, the modi really is a decent dac, especially for $100.

I really like the Schiit modi+magni, I've used them with the HD558 and the 598 and they sound really well together. They even give you some headroom to upgrade your headphones down the road, the modi really is a decent dac, especially for $100.

Modi + Magni is fine but combined the cost is $200 which is waaaay too much relative to the cost of the headphones.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Is your current sound output that bad? 

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Any external DAC like Schiit modi,Fiio e10 is better than soundcard internal or external.The difference between Schiit Modi and Asus xonar U7 is night and day.U7 has crap audio quality ideal for cheap 5.1 surround but for real audophile sound you got to go with an external DAC