Mice similar to SideWinder X8?

olbaze

Some years ago, I had a 50€ giftcard to a store and a week left to use it on something. So, I went to the store and got myself a Microsoft SideWinder X8 for 30€. You know, the mouse that was a pimped out version of that "Rat King" mouse? Well, I was instantly impressed. For some reason, the shape that pretty much everyone else seemed to hate, including the vertical sidebuttons, was perfect to me. To this day, I haven't ran into a mouse that was as good a fit as the SideWinder X8. Sadly, the X8 had a few weaknesses, some of which are a bit too fatal. Firstly, it's a wireless mouse, which means batteries, which means weight. I used to get around this by plugging the mouse in to the charger, but the cable got bent and doesn't work consistently anymore. Secondly, the scroll wheel was always a bit too loose for my taste.

So now I am looking for a mouse that would be as close as possible to the SideWinder X8 in shape and preferably wired. Would the Mionix Naos or Func MS-3 be the closest I'm going to get?

post-89527-0-94862400-1413912837.jpg

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

In my opinion Logitech G502 is the best mouse out there right now. With a Mionix Naos 7000 being REALLY close behind.