Lags of Doom on new HD7770

Go to solution Solved by bartekxx12,

Going off of the information I've gathered from your dump file it appears to be some sort of driver issue, It's pretty common actually.

Use driver sweeper when booted into safe mode to clear all graphics drivers then re-install then with the previous revision after you restart and boot normally.

Yes it's a driver issue, drivers crash EXACTLY like that when an overclock is unstable but stable enough not to cause a bluescreen or artefacts all over the screen, what happens is the driver restarts and resets it back to stock until your OC profile loads again and it is overclocked again... and so on.  But again this can also be caused by the card not getting enough power or a number of other reasons but it's most often an unstable overclock.

If you haven't overclocked your card manually to higher than what ASUS is promising then you have the right to RMA the card, if you have then try using something like Afterburner - http://download1.msi.com/files/downloads/uti_exe/vga/MSIAfterburnerSetup231.zip 

to set the clocks back to what they are promising. 

And no, an unstable overclock will not always crash the card instantly, and actually almost never does unless it's REALLY unstable, overclocks can cause problems hours into a game, not to mention, hours into one specific game and it can seem fully stable in all other games and tests you might run. BUT unstable = unstable, you don't want to be doing something important and suddenly get a blue screen or black screen or artefacts all over. 

Anyway, try using Afterburner to set the clocks back to what ASUS is promising, if that doesn't fix the issue try setting them lower to like... 900 for the core and similar downclock for the memory if this works and the issue is solved then you can RMA the card as it is not delivering the performance promised and you can tell ASUS just that, (Runs at 900/1000 but causes problems at stock) they should replace the card for you without any problems. 

Also if you can, really try and test it with a different power supply. 

So I've got a shiny new graphics card as a replacement for an older one that broke.

2013 06 05 15.06.54

And installed it in my computer. It plays games smoothly but after a while its starts to do some crazy lagging.I can't even describe it so I've made some videos:

(My ping is ok on that server, and sorry for the Hungarian swearing.)

The temperatures shown by Everest are totally normal, and the (CCC) driver is up to date as well.
What's causing the problem?

Once it went as far as the whole system crashed.
The .dmp file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81154561/060513-26707-01.dmp
Everest report of computer:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81154561/Report.txt
ReportENG.txt
^it has the sys specs but: Phenom II X4 955 @stock+Hyper 212 plus cooler
Gigabyte 790xta-UD4 Mobo
AsusHD 7770Ditect cu TOP @stock
(FSP Hexa 500W +2HDDs+2DVD players)

The original card was an MSI R5670 Cyclone And it started making wierd bliks over DP(it was under warranty), then i got a card that didn't had a DP so I sent it back too, and now i have this.

Please help me, I don't know anything anymore.

To me it sounds like the display driver is crashing, however i suspect the boards PCI-e slot could be dying/degrading. Do you have another PCI-e slot to test this card in? Or preferably a different system to test the card in?

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

So the old card might took out the 16x slot? I hope not.. But I'll test the card on an other machine.

It looks like your drivers are crashing after which they reload back to normal for a second and crash again, usually happens when you have an unstable overclock so if you overclocked your card bring it back down to stock and see if that fixes your issue.

Another thing is, I am not sure about that PSU it doesn't look like a well known brand and so it could be the PSU causing the issue... not sure I could be wrong it could be a good PSU but I can't find any reviews online so it's probably not very good...  And if it's not delivering enough power then that can also cause driver crashes. 

The last thing I can think of is try re-installing your drivers, or roll back to a stable version if you're on Beta

I had the same issue with my OCed 7770, I fixed it by resetting to normal clock speeds.

If you check the Event Viewer logs, you'll see something around the lines of "amd driver has stopped responding and has recovered".

AMD has a great article on this

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/737-27116RadeonSeries-ATIKMDAGhasstoppedrespondingerrormessages.aspx

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Ok, how can I reduce the clockspeed? Because set to default runs it on 1170Mhz, even If the slider is set to 1120Mhz (thats the promissed clock from the box)

scrnsht

And bad OC shouldnt have an instant affect? This only occurs about 10 mins into the game.

Edit: This test ran for 50 minutes whitout any problems. Does this mean that the GPU is 100% working?

Going off of the information I've gathered from your dump file it appears to be some sort of driver issue, It's pretty common actually.

Use driver sweeper when booted into safe mode to clear all graphics drivers then re-install then with the previous revision after you restart and boot normally.

And also try disabling ULPS here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1088266/ulps-gui-config-utility-enable-disable Apparently this ULPS shiz has been giving people headaches 

Please let me know if it worked  ;)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Yes it's a driver issue, drivers crash EXACTLY like that when an overclock is unstable but stable enough not to cause a bluescreen or artefacts all over the screen, what happens is the driver restarts and resets it back to stock until your OC profile loads again and it is overclocked again... and so on.  But again this can also be caused by the card not getting enough power or a number of other reasons but it's most often an unstable overclock.

If you haven't overclocked your card manually to higher than what ASUS is promising then you have the right to RMA the card, if you have then try using something like Afterburner - http://download1.msi.com/files/downloads/uti_exe/vga/MSIAfterburnerSetup231.zip 

to set the clocks back to what they are promising. 

And no, an unstable overclock will not always crash the card instantly, and actually almost never does unless it's REALLY unstable, overclocks can cause problems hours into a game, not to mention, hours into one specific game and it can seem fully stable in all other games and tests you might run. BUT unstable = unstable, you don't want to be doing something important and suddenly get a blue screen or black screen or artefacts all over. 

Anyway, try using Afterburner to set the clocks back to what ASUS is promising, if that doesn't fix the issue try setting them lower to like... 900 for the core and similar downclock for the memory if this works and the issue is solved then you can RMA the card as it is not delivering the performance promised and you can tell ASUS just that, (Runs at 900/1000 but causes problems at stock) they should replace the card for you without any problems. 

Also if you can, really try and test it with a different power supply. 

Thank you guys for the help! Reducing the clock to the promised level did the trick! I still have no idea why can't I change the clockspeeds from the CCC, This OverDrive feature seems the most useless thing in the world since it doesn't works properly.
I don't know why you didn't trusted my FSP PSU, It doesn't have a review but every comment i saw said that it delivers what it promises, and is an overall mediocre PSU. My experience: The fan could be more silent... :D

Thanks again and have a good day!