Should I upgrade to Haswell?

I have been a console player for a long time but the past year and half I have been thinking of switching over to PC. The experience is a lot better and I have a better experience playing on PC. My question is should I go to Haswell or buy my current build. My current build has been not been locked in and I don't want to spend more than $1,000 (what my current wishlist is at). If you have any suggestions on how to tweak my current build I would like to hear it. But I am on team red and will not switch the GPU over to the green team. Any suggestions will be great on maybe getting to most performance gaming and power efficiency possible or anything else. This is going to be my first PC build and I want it to last me for a few years. 

My current build is this:

CPU - Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU CoolerCorsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard MSI Z77A-G41 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

RAMCorsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

SSDKingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk

HDDWestern Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (from my old family PC, trying to save some money only dates back to 2009)

Video CardMSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card

CaseRosewill BlackHawk ATX Mid Tower Case

PSUCorsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply

Optical Drive- (Drive from my old computer, just a normal CD/DVD drive)

OS- Windows 7 64-bit

Any upgrades that stay within a $100 of current build which, according to Newegg is $1080 before shipping, will be great. Thanks for your input. 

Is that a 3570K? if so then I see no reason for you to upgrade. 

Case: Corsair 500R ¦ Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 ¦ CPU: i5-3570K @  4.7Ghz ¦ Cooler: H100i ¦ Graphics: MSI R7950 Twin Frozer III ¦ PSU: Corsair CX750M ¦ Storage: 1x OCZ Agility 3 120gb, 1x Seagate 500gb, 1x WD 1TB Blue ¦¦

Apparently there's a 10% increase from Ivy Bridge to Haswell, but the benchmarks I've seen beg to differ. Anyway, it's really up to you the motherboards look really nice for LGA1150 plus it's newer. Keep in mind that if you stay Ivy Bridge you should get the unlocked 'k' version.

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

For purely gaming, I would say stick with the 3570k, and instead of going for the h60, maybe go for a Noctua NH-D14, so you can get the most out of your CPU. 

If you are not planning to over clock you should not get a liquid cooling loop. I would recommend getting a 7950, a lot of performance for not much more. Do you live near a micro center, cause if you do you can get a haswell cpu for cheaper than an ivy from newegg. Right now I think it is 200 or 189, 169 for the ivy bridge version. Also you will get another $40 if you purchase it with a cpu.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

Do you just want to buy from Newegg, or are you comfortable with buying from different sites?

As long as you're willing to lower settings in the future, your computer should last for a fair bit.

At the current rate of development i doubt you can achieve satisfying performance from your computer after around 3 years, as you gimped yourself by getting the 3570(Non-K) which cannot be overclocked.

Do not upgrade. Your system is great. Wait to see what the next round of procs brings.

CPU-[i5 3570k-4.6ghz at 1.33v]  GPU-[4gb Zotac GTX 680 1126 core 6800 mem]   MOBO-[Gigabyte Z77 UD4H]   PSU-[Corsair TX 650]   RAM-[2x8gb DDR3 1333 GSkill Ripjaws X]   Case-[Corsair 550D (2xNoctua NF-F12, 1xNoctua NF-A14 intake, 1xNoctua NF-A14 exhaust)]   CPU Cooler-[Noctua NH D14]   Boot Drive-[Crucial m4 256GB SSD]   Game Drive-[500GB Western Digital Caviar Black]   Storage Drive-[2.5" 500GB Western Digital Scorpio Black]   Sound Card-[Asus Xonar DG]   Optical Drive-[Lite-On IHAS-124]  Monitor-[Dell U2312HM] Keyboard-[CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-Brown Switches] Mouse-[Logitech G400] Speakers-[Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX]