1st time build, need help

My goal for this setup is 1080p 120 fps on low settings for bf4 as cheap as possible. I was leaning towards a AMD fx 6350 and a gfx sapphire radeon r9 280x. I don't know if this can reach 120 fps. Dose anyone have better ideas?

My goal for this setup is 1080p 120 fps on low settings for bf4 as cheap as possible. I was leaning towards a AMD fx 6350 and a gfx sapphire radeon r9 280x. I don't know if this can reach 120 fps. Dose anyone have better ideas?

On low that should be fine, I'd see if you couldn't get a bit better CPU.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

dude if you have an R9 280X I'm absolutely sure you can crank up the details higher than low........

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

4690K + GTX 970

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |

Why would you want 120fps?

Do you even have a 120hz monitor? (Pretty sure 120hz is near impossible to find anyways)

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

i get between 60-80 on high-ultra with a fx6300 @ 4.0 ghz with a 7950 @ 925/1250

60fps is about the sweet spot.  why would you want to play with low settings when you can have medium or high?

research each component and you have to read the forum guide, and list the specs / requirments / location etc so we can make a good recommendation.

so many things to consider like form factor, budget, pref to AMD or Intel, AMD or Nvidia, location, use for the computer, all that kind of basic info helps everyone on here to respond and give a good recommendation and reply.

got to love Asus components

I'm looking to spend around $600

I laughed. Impossible. Period.

My goal for this setup is 1080p 120 fps on low settings for bf4 as cheap as possible. I was leaning towards a AMD fx 6350 and a gfx sapphire radeon r9 280x. I don't know if this can reach 120 fps. Dose anyone have better ideas?

Ya, mo' money.

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.