970 vs 780 Ti Which card REALLY wins?

MeesterJackson

A 780ti is more powerful than a 970.  Anyone who says differently is doesn't have any idea what they're talking about.  Maxwell currently has features that will come to Kepler cards, including DSR with future driver updates.  The nvidia reps already said this in interviews with PCper.  The only argument that can be made for the 970 is the lower price and higher VRAM which may help in the future.  However, even Shadow of Mordor which is supposed to use 6gb or VRAM on ultra textures runs awesome on a 780 ti.  They are both great cards but a 780ti is definitely more powerful, contrary to a lot of the nonsense that has been said in this thread.  An overclocked 970 may beat a stock 780ti but you can get a evga classy for $450 that's already overclocked and will shit all over the 970's chest.

Links? 

I own both a 780ti Classified and a 970 acx sc.

The 970 @1459 mhz is still not faster than the 780ti at 1228mhz.

My 780ti at 1459 mhz recks anything out there. Even moreso at 1500+.

To the op this is a troll thread.

No 970 is faster than gk110 please refine your information gathering.

this is total nonsense.

How'd you get your 780 Ti to 1459?

Also is it just a coincidence that it's the same clock speed as your 970? Or did you just write that wrong and meant to say "1228Mhz" like you said earlier?

Troll thread?

You know it seems like you had already made up your mind before creating this thread. What is the point if you are only going carry on believing your own opinions and not caring in the slightest about anyone else?

Newer features mean a lot to most people, just go and buy GTX 780 Tis if that's what you want.

K obviously you already had decided in your head that the 780ti is better even before you started this topic.

From everything I see in the benchmarks, the 970 and 780ti trade blows, a binned 970 performs better, and future driver updates will keep improving the 970s performance in current games.

So if you disagree with my opinion you should probably not be making topics like this to waste other peoples time.

Buy whatever you want. Have a nice day.

I was about to say the same thing. None of the reviews I've seen so far have the 970 beating the 780 TI. Everything I've seen goes like this 780<970<780Ti<980. If you are that dead set on getting the 780 Ti then go get it. I know that I would save my ~$150 and go with the 970 right now. It is only going to get better and I could take that $150 and either save it for later to run a second 970 in SLI or something else I would like. I'll just leave out what I think you should really do based on what I've read in this thread though.

I have always thought Nvidia should slash the prices of the 780Ti to encourage current 780Ti owners to run SLI or people looking for a value play to buy the 780Ti. Say $300. To run Crysis 3 at full settings, you need SLI or Crossfire. Ever since Far Cry, Crytek has been my favorite gaming company for their CryEngine graphics engine. 

They already have, they are a bit cheaper than the 970 currently.

Linus is my fetish.

Ok, so I'd like to hear more people's opinions on this.

Apparently, the 970 can beat the 780 Ti based off of what some of the community has previously said to me. I've seen little to no benchmarks showing this, and in Linus's benchmarks the OC'd 780 Ti destroyed the OC'd 970. 

The 780 Ti has been getting hit with HUGE price drops. And only costs about 80-150 dollars more, depending on the card, than the 970.

So what are your thoughts? Does the 970 actually win in benchmarks, or does the 780 Ti still have a place on the market if someone doesn't have enough for the 980, but wants very similar performance to it (considering it's like 100 dollars less than the 980 in some instances). 

there where some benchmarks saying 970 win 780 but the 970 was oced to the max 

there where some benchmarks saying 970 win 780 but the 970 was oced to the max 

Are you referring to the standard 780 or the 780 Ti? The 970 is on par/beats the 780. 

Ok, so I'd like to hear more people's opinions on this.

Apparently, the 970 can beat the 780 Ti based off of what some of the community has previously said to me. I've seen little to no benchmarks showing this, and in Linus's benchmarks the OC'd 780 Ti destroyed the OC'd 970. 

The 780 Ti has been getting hit with HUGE price drops. And only costs about 80-150 dollars more, depending on the card, than the 970.

So what are your thoughts? Does the 970 actually win in benchmarks, or does the 780 Ti still have a place on the market if someone doesn't have enough for the 980, but wants very similar performance to it (considering it's like 100 dollars less than the 980 in some instances). 

But the features make it better than the GTX 780ti right?

Uh...can you tell me WHERE in the video? Lol 

I don't remember, he starts talking about some of the features like DSR and says they're just waiting on quality control to create the drivers that will implement the features in Kepler cards.

How'd you get your 780 Ti to 1459?

Also is it just a coincidence that it's the same clock speed as your 970? Or did you just write that wrong and meant to say "1228Mhz" like you said earlier?

Troll thread?

Its a classified. 1400+ is as easy as 1.4v ;) or higher.

Yo soy el hombre murciélago