Where do I start? Cyanogen, Root, Recovery?

AliveGhost13

Hi,

I want to install CyanogenMod on my HTC One Mini M4. My friend suggested it would be good to root too, but that I should install a custom recovery and also unlock the boot loader? I have no idea what to do, I'd like to root and install Cyanogen but I've got lost in all of the guides on the web and which one to follow. Can anyone show me how to go about doing this?

Cheers

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

I did see this, but does it root too?

Usually the first step is to unlock the bootloader which is required to flash a custom recovery then you can root your stock ROM or flash another one that is pre-rooted.

I believe the installer for Cyanogen that thekeemo linked unlocks the bootloader automatically, so should I be ok if I just use the installer?

Thanks for the help both

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

XDA is the best place for this sort of stuff, sorry forums but it just is.

FAQ http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2675455

best place to start and second section is a rooting guide.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

XDA is the best place for this sort of stuff, sorry forums but it just is.

FAQ http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2675455

best place to start and second section is a rooting guide.

Okay I'll try there, cheers

Unlock bootloader > flash custom recovery > FULL phone backup > flash custom ROM.... if you softbrick restore from prev backup.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Apparently my phone is unsupported :(

Apparently my phone is unsupported :(

XDA it is

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.