G-Sync vs. Vsync @ 120Hz or 144Hz

Yes, I see what you mean, there are several references to this on Google, and no patches that remove the cap.

Does your monitor only support DisplayPort from a PC?  Or does it also support HDMI 1.4 3D modes through an HDMI port?

If so, you could add an HDMI cable, and turn on 3DTVPlay, and choose a mode like 1080p60 3DSBS (side-by-side).  This would let the game go up to it's 60fps limit, and you'd be losing 50% of the horizontal resolution, but it might be a worthwhile tradeoff to get stereo 3D support.

If your monitor doesn't, perhaps you have an HDTV that has 3D support (and came with glasses) - you could try it on there as well.

Note that you'll still have to plug in your 3D-vision emitter, as it will unlock the 3DTVplay feature (or you could pay some $30 unlock license).  You won't be able to use your 3D-vision glasses though - just the ones that came with your TV.

My 3D vision emitter is built-in to my laptop, and my primary laptop display is the 120Hz screen I use. I have not attempted to use a secondary screen with 3D vision, as I've not come across any external screens of that caliber.

Oh well. One of these days I'll find out.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

TOTALLY WRONG

if your rig can do 120+ MINIMUM in the game you're playing, then vsync = gsync, but you'll still need vsync on to lock the gpu to 120fps to avoid stutters.

if your rig cannot do 120 minimum then Gsync is far better

and this CLEARLY isn't a 60 ips vs 120 tn.

Vsync is awful.

Vsync adds a very noticeable lagg whereas Gsync improves latency while stopping screen tearing

If screen tearing annoys you a lot then gsync is well worth it

My Rig : Zotac 780 3GB, i5 4670k, H105, M1211 650W, 8GB 2133mhz vengence pro, Mini R2, 144Hz AOC Gsync Monitor

Accessories : K65, Naos 3200, Superlux 681, Chord CCU1