Smaller/Compact mATX case recommendations?

Novicode

Hi everyone! I'm looking for a case on a smaller side, probably mATX. I'd like something with good build quality, and thats geared toward a more silent approach. Dust filters are also a nice benefit. It also needs to accomodate a large GPU, as I have a R9 290 Vapor-X. I've considered the pandora from BitFenix but Luke's review kind of pushes me away. I also have my eye on the Node 804 with its clean look, large GPU accomodation, H100i support, noise cancelation foam, and HDD anit-vibration mounts.

I'm curious if theres any cases I should take a look at that I may have missed.

I would go the Pandora if you like it or the Corsair Air 240. Both are good little cases. My personal pc is a Silverstone TJ08-e, an amazing case but lacks the radiator support to only a single 120mm rad.

i7 4790k | ASUS Z97 Gryphon | 8GB Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz | Asus Direct CUII GTX 770 1267/3829 | Stock Cooler | Antec Neo Eco 520W | WD Green 1TB

Silverstone TJ08-e | Klipsch Promedia 2.1 | Razer Tiamat 2.2 | LG 24EN43VS | Razer Naga (2010) | Razer Lycosa (2010)

Planned PC Upgrades: https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=325661&action=wish_lists

I would go the Pandora if you like it or the Corsair Air 240. Both are good little cases. My personal pc is a Silverstone TJ08-e, an amazing case but lacks the radiator support to only a single 120mm rad.

I had a 250D for a while, but it was extremely loud with 2 WD Blues in it. The HDD cages were practically designed to be loud, so I'm a bit worried the Air 240 will be likewise. I also didn't really care for its appearance. I have an H100i so that also rules out the SS case. Maybe I'll take another look at the Pandora.

The 350D would also be a good case to look at.

i7 4790k | ASUS Z97 Gryphon | 8GB Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz | Asus Direct CUII GTX 770 1267/3829 | Stock Cooler | Antec Neo Eco 520W | WD Green 1TB

Silverstone TJ08-e | Klipsch Promedia 2.1 | Razer Tiamat 2.2 | LG 24EN43VS | Razer Naga (2010) | Razer Lycosa (2010)

Planned PC Upgrades: https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=325661&action=wish_lists

The 350D would also be a good case to look at.

I'd assume it would give me the same problems the 250D did.

Silverstone PS07, Corsair 350D and Fractal Node 804.

PS07: Officially doesn't support a 240 rad, but if you don't mind a 2 screw hold it can (Or modding). Replace the stock fans when you buy it, they aren't AP12X's. Have one, love it.

Node 804: Supports the rad, shortest and widest. Probably the best overall option.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

The arc mini r2 is decent, if a tad bigger than some, although it has great dust filtering and watercooling support. The aerocool DS cube case is fairly well regarded, but lacks dust filters for anything but the psu. The node 804 is fairly good, but is quite wide, so needs somewhere with a large expanse to put it on. There is the phanteks enthoo evolv, although I'm not sure about the radiator support in it, but knowing phanteks it'll easily support a H100i

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Thanks for your suggestions, I'm taking a look at them now.

Pc specs and budget please.

Budget of around 100 dollars on the case. The only thing I can think of spec-wise that would need to fit in are the 240mm rad and large GPU.

Budget of around 100 dollars on the case. The only thing I can think of spec-wise that would need to fit in are the 240mm rad and large GPU.

So you don't have the parts?

Are you going to build a whole PC?

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

So you don't have the parts?

Are you going to build a whole PC?

Already have parts laying around. 4770K, H100i, Vapor-X 290, 60 GB Intel 330 SSD, 2 1TB WD Blues, 2x4 GB 1333 Crucial RAM, random assortment of Noctua fans. It's an entire PC, hope I'm not leaving anything out.

Already have parts laying around. 4770K, H100i, Vapor-X 290, 60 GB Intel 330 SSD, 2 1TB WD Blues, 2x4 GB 1333 Crucial RAM, random assortment of Noctua fans. It's an entire PC, hope I'm not leaving anything out.

mobo?

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

mobo?

Ah, of course. Arguably the most important in this situation. I'm planning on an ASUS Gryphon Z97 board.

Fractal Design Arc Mini R2.

For the size, Silverstone SG09, but I'm not aware of the pricing ;)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Ah, of course. Arguably the most important in this situation. I'm planning on an ASUS Gryphon Z97 board.

Check out the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv. I'm jumping to that case fairly soon and it is worth a look.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

Check out the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv. I'm jumping to that case fairly soon and it is worth a look.

That's interesting looking at first glance. I'll take a closer look.

For the size, Silverstone SG09, but I'm not aware of the pricing ;)

I always forget about that, it's around $100. Though it doesn't support a 240 rad.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S