SupremeFX Formula 2014 enough to run 250 OHMs?

BarisERY

Hello,

Im planning on building a PC using the ASUS ROG FormulaVII and i have the Beyerdynamic DT990 250OHM headphones and i wanted to ask you guys if the on-board audio on the FVII be enough to drove these headphones?  because i really dont want to waste money on an AMP

First of all, change your already-set mindset about 'how hard is it to drive a headphone properly, is determined by how many ohms the impedance is'

The impedance rating is just 1 factor, and in most cases, the less determining factor. The other and more determining factor is the headphone's efficiency/sensitivity, look for a number with dB, dB/V, or dB/mW. The bigger the better.

This just happened yesterday: HD650 with 300 ohms ran just fine plugged to my ipad 3, while 50 ohms Fostex T50RP and 35 ohms Hifiman HE400 is struggling when plugged to that same ipad. 

First of all, change your already-set mindset about 'how hard is it to drive a headphone properly, is determined by how many ohms the impedance is'

The impedance rating is just 1 factor, and in most cases, the less determining factor. The other and more determining factor is the headphone's efficiency/sensitivity, look for a number with dB, dB/V, or dB/mW. The bigger the better.

This just happened yesterday: HD650 with 300 ohms ran just fine plugged to my ipad 3, while 50 ohms Fostex T50RP and 35 ohms Hifiman HE400 is struggling when plugged to that same ipad. 

650 master race!!!

young-brunette-showing-thumbs-up-both-ha

650 master race!!!

Brought my HE400 to the store yesterday, so I finally got the chance of comparing them side by side. 650 certainly got the good lows and mids, and the warmness, but lacking the highs, compared to the HE400, making women vocals tend to be a bit blunt. The plus side is the 650 is a bit more laid back than the HE400, which I'd prefer more for slower easy listening songs....

Hello,

Im planning on building a PC using the ASUS ROG FormulaVII and i have the Beyerdynamic DT990 250OHM headphones and i wanted to ask you guys if the on-board audio on the FVII be enough to drove these headphones?  because i really dont want to waste money on an AMP

Part of it depends on how loud you listen to music and what types of tracks you listen to. My guess is that it will require an amp.

It can do 600. 

No. Stop.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

650 master race!!!

'Drive up to a whooping 600 ohms' master race....

More like HD800 masta-raice!

Higher digits = better headphone, didntja get the memo?  ^_^

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?