Motherboard Standoff Issues

Go to solution Solved by NateIRL,

Are they the right size? I've heard before that there are two similar but slightly different size motherboard standoff screws (one based on metric, the other on imperial) so if you didn't change screws or mixed them up or something you might be having issues because of that.

Did you use the NZXT supplied standoffs or the ones from the old case? Every NZXT case I've bought has come with a hex-patterned head to put over the standoffs and has a Philips slot on the opposite side for screwing in the standoffs...don't remember them being terribly difficult to get down tight. Did you cross-thread them? that could also explain why they've come loose.

yeah realised the problem. I wasnt using the supplied standoffs with the NZXT case, the other screws would get tight but not tight enough, so i replaced them all with the supplied standoff screws thanks guys!!

I bought an MSI Gaming 3 and an NZXT H440 and am having issues with the MB standoffs.

I transferred my MB from a Corsair SPEC-02 to an NZXT H440 and the motherboard standoff screws were a b**** to screw in! And even some of the screws have come loose now (about a month after installed MB) and I was wondering if anyone has any tips on MB standoffs, I noticed no one else had a thread about motherboard standoffs

I bought an MSI Gaming 3 and an NZXT H440 and am having issues with the MB standoffs.

I transferred my MB from a Corsair SPEC-02 to an NZXT H440 and the motherboard standoff screws were a b**** to screw in! And even some of the screws have come loose now (about a month after installed MB) and I was wondering if anyone has any tips on MB standoffs, I noticed no one else had a thread about motherboard standoffs

Are they the right size? I've heard before that there are two similar but slightly different size motherboard standoff screws (one based on metric, the other on imperial) so if you didn't change screws or mixed them up or something you might be having issues because of that.

Did you use the NZXT supplied standoffs or the ones from the old case? Every NZXT case I've bought has come with a hex-patterned head to put over the standoffs and has a Philips slot on the opposite side for screwing in the standoffs...don't remember them being terribly difficult to get down tight. Did you cross-thread them? that could also explain why they've come loose.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

yeah realised the problem. I wasnt using the supplied standoffs with the NZXT case, the other screws would get tight but not tight enough, so i replaced them all with the supplied standoff screws thanks guys!!