Headphones

So, I'm kind of havin a bit of trouble with deciding which headphones to buy. I currently have the Sennheiser U320 for my gaming rig, and the sennheiser cx-ii (earphones) for other uses. Unfortunately the cx-ii were washed and as a result, the sound quality is worse and the audio just stops from time to time. I want to get headphones but I'm not sure which. I am hesitrating between the

-sennheiser hd598 (if I buy them, I plan to replace the u320 by these since I'll be buying aswell the modmic 4.0)

-Hd8 DJ (I really love the sleek looks and the coiled cable) this one will be used as well with the modmic4

-Sony MDR-10BTR. If I buy these, since they are bluetooth, these will be the headphones I'll be using whener I'm out, and on the go. If I get these, I'll keep the U320 as my gaming headset

-I'm also hesitating between the Sony MDR-10BTR and the Sony MDR-1BTR since the 1BTR have a sleeker look although this doesn't justifiy  the HUGE price difference twice as expensive.

I know bluetooth headphones aren't the best but the practicallity is very appealing. If I'm getting either one of the sennheiser, I'll be getting two sound cards, one for my pc and another portable one. for the pc sound card, I was thinking of the asus u7 since (how I think) external sound cards are more practical, and besides, I don't know how to correctly choose a sound card. (any advice or choice is welcome) and for a portable amp/dac I was thinking of the v-moda vmap verza, but it is quite expensive for 570 iish $ and I was wondering if you knew any good portable unexpensive dac/amp

Thank you very much!

PS, any other headphone you think will suit is appreciated. Thanks!

What is your budget?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I don't know about the others, but the HD598 is an amazing headphone for the price and I recommend it highly.

If you're going to get an external sound device, get something with a volume wheel. Analog volume control is simply more satisfying. The Syba DAC is my cheap choice, though it will be not-so-cheap due to your Canadian residency.

As per the headphones, I'd vote for getting something decent for portable use. Maybe not as pricey as the things you're currently looking at, but whatever floats your boat. I do quite like bluetooth for portable use - even though it may not have teh uber qualiteh, I usually don't notice when I'm out and about anyways.

What is your budget?

Around 250$ without the sound card, DAC/AMP

I don't know about the others, but the HD598 is an amazing headphone for the price and I recommend it highly.

That's why they are my number 1 choice for now

If you're going to get an external sound device, get something with a volume wheel. Analog volume control is simply more satisfying. The Syba DAC is my cheap choice, though it will be not-so-cheap due to your Canadian residency.

As per the headphones, I'd vote for getting something decent for portable use. Maybe not as pricey as the things you're currently looking at, but whatever floats your boat. I do quite like bluetooth for portable use - even though it may not have teh uber qualiteh, I usually don't notice when I'm out and about anyways.

I like the DAC that you proposed. But a question, in the requierments, it's written a pc. I wan to use this with my phone or mp3 player, can I or not?  For the headphones, with the taxes in Quebec, the 598 comes at the same price as the cheapest sony bluetooth headphones.. So I'm currebtly leaning even more on the 598.

For Sound cards, I'll just blunt honnest, I don't know shit about them. Honestly. Even DAC/AMP. I just love a great sound quality, like the one mny friend made me listen to with DAC/AMP. So I trust you for telling me which one is good for my needs. I think that internal sound card is better right? but an external one is more convinient. So Can someone please explain whatever the hell they do? Thanks! 

I like the DAC that you proposed. But a question, in the requierments, it's written a pc. I wan to use this with my phone or mp3 player, can I or not? 

For Sound cards, I'll just blunt honnest, I don't know shit about them. Honestly. Even DAC/AMP. I just love a great sound quality, like the one mny friend made me listen to with DAC/AMP. So I trust you for telling me which one is good for my needs. I think that internal sound card is better right? but an external one is more convinient. So Can someone please explain whatever the hell they do? Thanks! 

No, the Syba DAC wont work with anything other than a computer, but neither will any other external "soundcard" you buy. There are some portable dac/amps that will work with some phones, but generally it's not even worth it to try. Plenty of portable amps if you really wanted one, butI'd recommend against spending money on a portable amp for a newbie. They're not really necessary for anyone but the guys that lug around hard-to-drive headphones, which are generally a bit too clunky for most portable use in the first palce.

I'll admit, I'm a little confused. Do you want a sound device for your portable device, or your home computer? If both, then I think I understand the language confusion - a "soundcard" for a PC is actually both a DAC and an amp on one card. The Syba DAC is effectively an "external soundcard" as it connects to your PC via USB and has both a DAC and amp inside to drive your headphones. 

A DAC turns the digital information stored on a computer (or other digital device) into an analog sine wave. An amp pumps up the volume on this sine wave to allow the signal to drive a headphone/earbud/speaker. It's as simple as that. External "soundcards" are usually called DACs, and most include an amp. They're good for a few reasons, the most important being distance from electrical interference from PC components. Imho, having an analog volume wheel is pretty great as well.

No, the Syba DAC wont work with anything other than a computer, but neither will any other external "soundcard" you buy. There are some portable dac/amps that will work with some phones, but generally it's not even worth it to try. Plenty of portable amps if you really wanted one, butI'd recommend against spending money on a portable amp for a newbie. They're not really necessary for anyone but the guys that lug around hard-to-drive headphones, which are generally a bit too clunky for most portable use in the first palce.

I'll admit, I'm a little confused. Do you want a sound device for your portable device, or your home computer? If both, then I think I understand the language confusion - a "soundcard" for a PC is actually both a DAC and an amp on one card. The Syba DAC is effectively an "external soundcard" as it connects to your PC via USB and has both a DAC and amp inside to drive your headphones. 

A DAC turns the digital information stored on a computer (or other digital device) into an analog sine wave. An amp pumps up the volume on this sine wave to allow the signal to drive a headphone/earbud/speaker. It's as simple as that. External "soundcards" are usually called DACs, and most include an amp. They're good for a few reasons, the most important being distance from electrical interference from PC components. Imho, having an analog volume wheel is pretty great as well.

Thanks, so yeah I was thinking about getting something for my Pc and  something for my Phone. But you're telling me that having a dac/amp for my p[hone is pretty useless. So which sound card do you reccomend, other tham the syba? thanks!

Thanks, so yeah I was thinking about getting something for my Pc and  something for my Phone. But you're telling me that having a dac/amp for my p[hone is pretty useless. So which sound card do you reccomend, other tham the syba? thanks!

If you want something for both worlds (PC and mobile phone), consider the Fiio E07k Andes. It's a portable DAC/amp combo. It accepts USB (as a DAC + amp) and aux in (analog stereo, as an amp) connection, and it's battery powered, so it's portable. Kinda bulky for portable uses though. 

There's also the smaller (and prettier too) AK10 or Beyerdynamic A200p (same thing, different names) DAC/amp that can be used for both worlds also, but pricier, more than twice the price of E07k

I went down a similar path a few months ago. I have both modi and bifrost schit DACs and they're ok but the one I like the most is this one:

C&C BH2 Portable Headphone AMP battery AMP New Version https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A2QJSBO/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_A19qub0RDRAPF

Decent price, very portable, works great with high impedance phones, great sound and battery life.

Went with beyedynamics however. Very happy with those phones.

Good luck!

CPU - 4790k / GPU - EVGA GTX 980 / Case - NCASE M1 v3 / Board - ASUS Impact VII  / PSU SFX 600w Silverstone / Storage - 2x500GB EVOs / Windows 8.1,OS X 10.10 / Full Water Loop

My vote it HD 598's. Had mine for awhile now and still sound great and comfortable to wear.

well not sure if it will help but

about those listed pretty much with first hand experience with me would be the HD598. I also use them indoors and outdoors even while shopping for grocery. I just slap it to my phone and voila it works. although most of a time I use an amp for personal preference.

Live your life like a dream.