Two gpus or one GTX Titan Z

Noble372

What one will give me the most fps? is there two gpus any one can recommend for the same price as this one card that will get me much more fps? Or be much more powerful thank you.

2 980s 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Why a Titan Z?

2x 980's :D

qft. more expensive doth nayeth equal more fps, especially with titans.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

What one will give me the most fps? is there two gpus any one can recommend for the same price as this one card that will get me much more fps? Or be much more powerful thank you.

what makes you believe a Titan Z will get you "much more" fps? :D

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Yeah... SLI'ed 980's will crush a Titan Z.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

just get 980/780ti in sli or a 295x2. Hell, get two Titan Blacks. Anything but the Titan Z. The Titan Z is about as porposeful as a $1000 HDMI cable.

what makes you believe a Titan Z will get you "much more" fps? :D

I do not it is just the most exspensive gpu so i thought should i get that or would i be better off with two gpus

Let me quote myself here, taken from the vRAM information guide:

What about those SLI cards like the R9 295X2 with 8GB or the GTX Titan Z with 12GB vRAM? Should I get those instead of two separate cards?

NO. Cards like that are marketed underhandedly. Dual-GPU cards are listed almost unanimously with the sum of the vRAM on each card. When you use them in their intended SLI/CrossfireX formats, the vRAM data is copied across both cards, so you end up with 1/2 the listed vRAM in effect. The 295X2 is simply two 290X 4GB cards... with a $500 USD jack up in price. The Titan Z is even worse; it's two downclocked GTX Titan Black 6GB cards... with a $1000 USD markup in price. NEVER buy them. Ever. Don't let anybody you know buy them. Stab em if you have to. Do *NOT* let them waste that kinda cash. Even if you make the arguement that you could buy 2 of them and get 4-way SLI/Xfire going on a board not normally built for 4-way card setups, the money you save ALONE from not buying them could get you an i7-4930K hexacore and a $500 board for it. And if you were considering 2 Titan Z's... well. Let me not START with what I could use the extra cash for.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Let me quote myself here, taken from the vRAM information guide:

What about those SLI cards like the R9 295X2 with 8GB or the GTX Titan Z with 12GB vRAM? Should I get those instead of two separate cards?

NO. Cards like that are marketed underhandedly. Dual-GPU cards are listed almost unanimously with the sum of the vRAM on each card. When you use them in their intended SLI/CrossfireX formats, the vRAM data is copied across both cards, so you end up with 1/2 the listed vRAM in effect. The 295X2 is simply two 290X 4GB cards... with a $500 USD jack up in price. The Titan Z is even worse; it's two downclocked GTX Titan Black 6GB cards... with a $1000 USD markup in price. NEVER buy them. Ever. Don't let anybody you know buy them. Stab em if you have to. Do *NOT* let them waste that kinda cash. Even if you make the arguement that you could buy 2 of them and get 4-way SLI/Xfire going on a board not normally built for 4-way card setups, the money you save ALONE from not buying them could get you an i7-4930K hexacore and a $500 board for it. And if you were considering 2 Titan Z's... well. Let me not START with what I could use the extra cash for.

Set text to automatic color plz. Save the eyes!

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I do not it is just the most exspensive gpu so i thought should i get that or would i be better off with two gpus

that mentality will kill your wallet for no reason. The Titan Z is not designed for gaming so the price/performance in gaming is hugely unbalanced. Triple 980s is the best you can do and still save a chunk of money. Also, please tell me you are playing at 1600p (sourround) or 4k. Otherwise either of these two options are overkill.

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Set text to automatic color plz. Save the eyes!

I said I quoted my guide... it has a red "NO." in there that I put in manually.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

two 295x2's in Quadfire will net the most fps atm, for less money than a Titanball Z.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

that mentality will kill your wallet for no reason. The Titan Z is not designed for gaming so the price/performance in gaming is hugely unbalanced. Triple 980s is the best you can do and still save a chunk of money. Also, please tell me you are playing at 1600p (sourround) or 4k. Otherwise either of these two options are overkill.

Not for 120Hz/3D play, especially at 1440p.

980s would win but if you have the cash a titan z would possibly be the better choice

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

I said I quoted my guide... it has a red "NO." in there that I put in manually.

You can still highlight it and change the text color. Which you should've done.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

You can still highlight it and change the text color. Which you should've done.

Could you explain why I should have done this exactly? You're the only person who said anything about it.

Could you explain why I should have done this exactly? You're the only person who said anything about it.

If you don't set the text color to night theme, it appears grey. Night theme users will have their eyes murdered by this.

Not for 120Hz/3D play, especially at 1440p.

Good point. I was just afraid he wants to play these games 1080p on 60hz

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

If you don't set the text color to night theme, it appears grey. Night theme users will have their eyes murdered by this.

Fixed then