SLI configuration with ACX + Reference card

So I was planning to SLI my GTX 980 but via Step Up Program, I was only able to get the ACX version.

Since SLI configuration with 2 ACX cards will heat up the first card, is it possible to go into SLI configuration with ACX and a reference card?

I was thinking of putting the ACX on the top since it releases hot air upwards and reference at the bottom.

Thanks.

CASE - CM Storm Stryker, PSU - EVGA 1000 P2 80+ Plat, CPU - i7 4790K w/ NZXT Kraken X61, GPU - MSI GTX 1080 TI Seahawk X, MB - ASUS Z97 Maximus Hero VII, RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaw X Series (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600, SSD - SAMSUNG 1 TB, DISPLAY - ACER XB270HU + SAMSUNG S24C570HL

Yeas that will work fine, and putting the ACX card in the top slot is the best idea indeed. I don't exactly know what you mean with "Since SLI configuration with 2 ACX cards will heat up the first card" (They both get hot if you start gaming).

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

refernce cards are good for sli as they get the heat out the case.

Yeas that will work fine, and putting the ACX card in the top slot is the best idea indeed. I don't exactly know what you mean with "Since SLI configuration with 2 ACX cards will heat up the first card" (They both get hot if you start gaming).

Bottom ACX card will dump hot air into the top ACX card resulting a higher temperature on the first card.

refernce cards are good for sli as they get the heat out the case.

Can't get 2 reference card as Step Up Program only provided ACX 2.0 for me.

CASE - CM Storm Stryker, PSU - EVGA 1000 P2 80+ Plat, CPU - i7 4790K w/ NZXT Kraken X61, GPU - MSI GTX 1080 TI Seahawk X, MB - ASUS Z97 Maximus Hero VII, RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaw X Series (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600, SSD - SAMSUNG 1 TB, DISPLAY - ACER XB270HU + SAMSUNG S24C570HL

Bottom ACX card will dump hot air into the top ACX card resulting a higher temperature on the first card.

Can't get 2 reference card as Step Up Program only provided ACX 2.0 for me.

just one will do though make it the second card though

That happens regardless of what cooler a card has, it's not just the heat that the bottom card puts off that increases the temps of the top card it's the fact that the fans on the top card has less access to fresh air with another card below it.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

That happens regardless of what cooler a card has, it's not just the heat that the bottom card puts off that increases the temps of the top card it's the fact that the fans on the top card has less access to fresh air with another card below it.

That is one thing I was concerned with. However, I think it's better to have less access to fresh air compared to less access to fresh air AND have hot air dumped into the first card.

Of course, couldv'e come up with that myself but sometimes my brain just stops working.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W