Unlimited data help

23mrtbone

I'm trying to justify a purchase issue. I currently am due for an upgrade with Verizon, keep in mind I am on an old Verizon plan and not the share everything plan.  With my phone, I have unlimited data at $30...which is awesome. But, if I upgrade to a new phone, I apparently lose my unlimited data and must resort to Verizon's Max plan thing for no extra cost, which gives me 6GB of data since I am coming from unlimited. Or I can buy a phone at retail cost and keep my unlimited data.

I typically average around 5-8GB per month of Data anyways, sometimes I peak at 15GB. 

Any suggestions? I could resort to the lower priced phone and data but I will need to start keeping track of when I use it. Or I can pay the full price of the phone, which you will end up doing anyways over 2 years depending on your plan...  Is there any other way to keep my unlimited or do people think I should opt out for the 6GB option?

What about data caps? Does Verizon cap my speed/data once I get to a certain point or percentage with unlimited? I've read several conflicting answers regarding that...some say they cap it to force you to buy the tiered price while others say even with the tiered options they still cap your speed...wtf?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks!

Thanks!

coninue to pester and threaten leaving thats the only way or buy an ulocked phone and swithc the sg cards

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

I'm trying to justify a purchase issue. I currently am due for an upgrade with Verizon, keep in mind I am on an old Verizon plan and not the share everything plan.  With my phone, I have unlimited data at $30...which is awesome. But, if I upgrade to a new phone, I apparently lose my unlimited data and must resort to Verizon's Max plan thing for no extra cost, which gives me 6GB of data since I am coming from unlimited. Or I can buy a phone at retail cost and keep my unlimited data.

I typically average around 5-8GB per month of Data anyways, sometimes I peak at 15GB. 

Any suggestions? I could resort to the lower priced phone and data but I will need to start keeping track of when I use it. Or I can pay the full price of the phone, which you will end up doing anyways over 2 years depending on your plan...  Is there any other way to keep my unlimited or do people think I should opt out for the 6GB option?

What about data caps? Does Verizon cap my speed/data once I get to a certain point or percentage with unlimited? I've read several conflicting answers regarding that...some say they cap it to force you to buy the tiered price while others say even with the tiered options they still cap your speed...wtf?

Thanks!

So you guys get unlimted whilst us Aussies are capped at 1GB/month for $50/month. I want my unlimited data! :angry:

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum! Please remember to follow your topics so you're notified when someone answers ;) in my sig you can find links to the CoC and the forum's F.A.Q. check them out!

Whatever you do I suggest you don't give up unlimited data. Keep your current phone or buy the new one at retail price if you must. Which phone are you looking at? I can help you pick one/ tell you if what you were looking at is a good option.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Welcome to the forum! Please remember to follow your topics so you're notified when someone answers ;) in my sig you can find links to the CoC and the forum's F.A.Q. check them out!

Whatever you do I suggest you don't give up unlimited data. Keep your current phone or buy the new one at retail price if you must. Which phone are you looking at? I can help you pick one/ tell you if what you were looking at is a good option.

Yeah I had unlimited data too. Before I had a smartphone. So kind of a waste. It was when Verizon prepaid only had 74.99 for 400mins ul text and 25mb of daa, or 94.99 for 800, ultext, and ul data.

Either the iPhone 6 64GB or the Note 4... I like things with both, but I also dislike things with both. I know the next Android is supposedly not going to allow you to install apps on the SD card anymore due to security issues (I think), which is a bummer. But all my friends have iOS plus the Mac computer part so it technically is the most compatible for me...I just like change really, but I'm not immediately in need of a phone today. Just trying to figure things out.

Either the iPhone 6 64GB or the Note 4... I like things with both, but I also dislike things with both. I know the next Android is supposedly not going to allow you to install apps on the SD card anymore due to security issues (I think), which is a bummer. But all my friends have iOS plus the Mac computer part so it technically is the most compatible for me...I just like change really, but I'm not immediately in need of a phone today. Just trying to figure things out.

I'll be honest, both of those are heavily overpriced and especially the iphone 6. They may be acceptable on a plan, but buying them full price makes no sense. I really recommend an LG G2, it's a fraction of the price and offers more functionality than the iphone. What do you plan on doing with it? If all you do is call, text and browse the web you can spend a lot less to obtain the same results.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'll be honest, both of those are heavily overpriced and especially the iphone 6. They may be acceptable on a plan, but buying them full price makes no sense. I really recommend an LG G2, it's a fraction of the price and offers more functionality than the iphone. What do you plan on doing with it? If all you do is call, text and browse the web you can spend a lot less to obtain the same results.

Of course the usually talk, text, web stuff. But I also stream a lot (multiple things), I want to be able to multitask easier (for example I wish I could browse or text while running YouTube...which is why my current iPhone 4s is Jailbroken). I will be using music of course but that is no issue for me on any phone, granted all my music is through iTunes, but I will still manage. I do use FaceTime frequently, but I know I can achieve the same thing with Skype (though my friends would have to install the app for it since they all have iPhones). I do obviously take photos but I do not overly care about a phones camera specs as much as I do with smoothness of the OS. One thing I do hate is Lag...on any phone, specifically with simple home features that shouldn't happen. 

I am not opposed to Android as I have used it in the past with HTC. I will take a gander at the LG G2. 

And yes I know the retail prices of both phones I have mentioned. It is unfortunate that they are so high but I was trying to justify there costs by looking at it over the usual 2 year span. I can afford the retail prices up front...it may hurt but in some ways I will still save some (I think) over the course of those 2 years. 

-

For those uses the G2 is more than enough, trust me. The only feature it's missing is windowed multitasking (which the iphone 6 doesn't have either afaik but I might be wrong) but if you're not afraid of rooting it anything is possible.

The only applications that i can imagine would use all the power of a note 4 are videogames, especially pc ports such as doom 3. If you don't care for those or at least not for the most demanding ones you really won't notice the difference on a G2.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

For those uses the G2 is more than enough, trust me. The only feature it's missing is windowed multitasking (which the iphone 6 doesn't have either afaik but I might be wrong) but if you're not afraid of rooting it anything is possible.

The only applications that i can imagine would use all the power of a note 4 are videogames, especially pc ports such as doom 3. If you don't care for those or at least not for the most demanding ones you really won't notice the difference on a G2.

What about the G3? 

What about the G3? 

Overpriced in my opinion for what is essentially a G2 with a moderately faster cpu and a 1440p screen which you'll hardly notice over the 1080p one. (+ scaling issues about which you can learn more in my sig ;)). I don't think it's worth the significant price difference over the G2. Not to mention the borderline criminal privacy agreement.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Overpriced in my opinion for what is essentially a G2 with a moderately faster cpu and a 1440p screen which you'll hardly notice over the 1080p one. (+ scaling issues about which you can learn more in my sig ;)). I don't think it's worth the significant price difference over the G2. Not to mention the borderline criminal privacy agreement.

Oh okay! ;) Yeah not many people will see the different of 1440 over 1080 on that small of a screen...only when you get to a 27" monitor like I have that really makes the difference! But thanks, I'll consider the G2.....  I actually haven't seen LG a whole lot so what's this privacy agreement issue with the G3?

I actually haven't seen LG a whole lot so what's this privacy agreement issue with the G3?

Apparently you have to agree to let them use your data for almost whatever they please. Not first hand info though since I don't actually have one, doing some research on it would be best.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*