PassMark the destroyer

ottavianus
Go to solution Solved by SuperSoph_WD,
Hey there, @ottavianus

As @SirRoderick already mentioned, I don't think this software can do any harm to the drives. However, the PSU actually can do damage on your system components.

My suggestion would be to test your drives with Data LifeGuard Diagnostics tool:

It will give you much more extended and detailed results on your HDDs' health. This is one way to put your mind at ease about the hard drives. 

I would definitely check up that PSU though. 

Hope this helped. :)

SuperSoph_WD

Hello everybody, 

a few weeks ago I run the program passmark software on my PC. At first my HD 7870 died, fortunately still under warranty and got  a refund because no more aviable. Then my WD 1tb blue was making a high schreeching noise, and the psu cx750 corsair also is doing that high frequency coil noise but only ( and here is the weird part to me ) when the disk is turn off. Did passmark burn my pc or did i get faulty parts that broke when i put them under stress? should i rma the wd blue, is the psu broken?

• CPU
    8350fx
  • Motherboard
    m5a99fx pro
  • RAM
    8gb corsair vengeance
  • GPU
    hd4850 lf a replacement
  • Case
    corsair r300
  • Storage
    samsung 840evo 250gb + wd blue 1 tb +  wd green 3tb 
  • PSU
    overkill cx750

thks in advance 

passmark has exactly nothing to do with your HDD...well I mean it's installed on it :P

Best guess is the PSU took the others with it or the like

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Hey there, @ottavianus

As @SirRoderick already mentioned, I don't think this software can do any harm to the drives. However, the PSU actually can do damage on your system components.

My suggestion would be to test your drives with Data LifeGuard Diagnostics tool:

It will give you much more extended and detailed results on your HDDs' health. This is one way to put your mind at ease about the hard drives. 

I would definitely check up that PSU though. 

Hope this helped. :)

SuperSoph_WD

I hope I can help with any storage issues that you may have!  ;)