MOSFET blew out

no not reallly you could sauter a new mosfet or the old one back on if it is past rma

You do mean solder and not sauter right? I would advise against that. RMS that mess. Was it an X99 motherboard?

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

RMA'ing your board will only give you one that has a CPU_fan header working. That's not really worth it, don't use it then, also the cpu fan errors just go in the bios > advanced mode > monitor > fan control > change the "low fan speed warning" from 600 rpm to ignore.

You do mean solder and not sauter right? I would advise against that. RMS that mess. Was it an X99 motherboard?

he cant rma it

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

he cant rma it

Then he will have to use it that way or buy a new one. I can't see how he can't RMA it though, is it that it is too costly to RMA it?

Then he will have to use it that way or buy a new one. I can't see how he can't RMA it though, is it that it is too costly to RMA it?

he is in india and it doesnt cover it there so soldering

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

he is in india and it doesnt cover it there so soldering

If this is an ASUS MOBO he can get it RMAd..just saying.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Its very difficult to solder huge ass mosfets on a pcb with huge copper traces! You need a decent soldering station (or iron) that is temp controlled and has high heat capacity.

ALSO, if it blew out it means something is wrong with the board. Soldering it back on won't fix it. Best option is to buy a new board

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

yea unless you are really good at soldering, like a pro level you can't fix that you should return the board or trash it sorry i know how it feels i am not on a core 2 quad for nothing i had a crappy asus z77 board and it blew a week after the warranty went out so now i am back to my slow old rig  

Yes it is x99 Rampage V Extreme

You have no idea what you are talking about. Its very difficult to solder huge ass mosfets on a pcb with huge copper traces! You need a decent soldering station (or iron) that is temp controlled and has high heat capacity.

ALSO, if it blew out it means something is wrong with the board. Soldering it back on won't fix it. Best option is to buy a new board

I know the chances of RMA are very low in India but I cannot afford another new board. Is it possible for asus to reapir it if I  pay some small amount of that particular part only

Also I want to know what must have went wrong that this thing happened. I don't want it to happen again. I dont think it must be the fan or anything because everything is working now except that socket. And also the NZXT Cam software is now not working I dont know why.

Yes it is x99 Rampage V Extreme

-snip-

I thought so....MSI and ASUS has had problems with the motherboards on X99 platform and this is one of them, on MSI is is worse. I would advise that register you motherboard on the ASUS product register site, then visit the ROG site and make an account and lodge your complaint on the relative subforum and see what help you can get, I know that they(ASUS and MSI) have been trying to make this right by the customer but i have to warn you RMAs are a pain in the ass it might be better if you can send it back to where you bought the motherboard from and show them what happened and ask for an exchange.

• 1 month later...

Finally got the motherboard replaced. Asus took almost 2 months for the replacement. Test for an hour last night it was working fine. Hope this one lasts. Thank you guys for all the support and help.

Leave it alone and RMA it. Running damaged hardware is only going to lead to damaging more hardware.

Pshh... You necro'd your own thread.

Anyhow as long as everything is alright now.