Free anti virus

ScubaChase

I used Microsoft Security Essentials. It's super light weight and isn't intrusive at all. It does pretty much what an Anti-Virus should do, find viruses and get rid of them :P

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

I use Avast and it's really good. Microsoft Security Essentials is also a nice product.

I use Avast and have for about 2-3 years. Never had a virus since. I combine it with Spybot 2 (the new version of Spybot) and that's it. 

I've never really use Microsoft Security Essentials so I can't comment on it, though since it's Microsoft, I'd expect it to at least be ok.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I use Avast myself, and it's always worked really well for me. I've also put Avast on all the computers I fix for people with no complaints.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Microsoft Security Essentials is really all you need, just keep it updated!

I5-8600K - GTX 1080 - 16GB RAM - 1.5TB SSD

I want everything pink

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

To my knowledge it doesn't protect against virus actively, only when you scan. Great for a secondary line of defense, though. I use it myself.

To my knowledge it doesn't protect against virus actively, only when you scan. Great for a secondary line of defense, though. I use it myself.

You can set it to, or at least on mine you can.

You can set it to, or at least on mine you can.

Isn't that in the paid PRO version? Which you can try for free in a limited time upon installation.

Isn't that in the paid PRO version? Which you can try for free in a limited time upon installation.

Most likely. My bad.

Microsoft Security Essentials is absolute garbage

AVAST is all you need

goto AVTEST.ORG and see the proof in their tests.

Your better of rely'ng on more then 1 anti virus.

I disagree with this.

Usually if you get more than one anti-virus, they fight with each other basically. This actually hurts your protection, not help it.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Not really and the 2e one does't need realtime protection could be malware bytes scan only for example.

Anyway you can't really rely on 1 anti virus, their always possibility of stuff going un detected.

If you have a standalone scanner like malwarebytes to use as kind of safety net periodically, thats fine. Two active antivirus programs will almost always cause problems.

I work at an IT department and people are always coming in with problems connecting to the internet and almost anything else imaginable that was remedied by uninstalling one of two antivirus programs they had installed

You might know this already, I just want to be as clear as possible for others

I use AVG free with Zonealarm free firewall..