Screen going black after exiting a game!?

Hi all

First i most say im a big fan of linus tech tips i watch your videos all the time. After i subscribed to your youtube channel i got inspired to build new PC so i did...

My spec are

Corsair Obsidian 450D Midi Tower black

AMD FX-8370 Black Edition

ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z, Socket-AM3+

ASUS GeForce GTX 770 4GB PhysX CUDA

Corsair H100i Hydro Series CPU

Corsair RM750, 750W PSU

HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz 16GB Red

Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB

Seagate Barracuda® 1TB

Now i got this problem  almost every time when im done playing a game let say BF4 or Sniper Elite 3 when i exit the game my sceen goes black crtl+alt+del does not work its just goes black and keeps turning off and on.. or i get this weird square on screen when they change map in BF4. I dont know whats the problem in game everything is fine PC works awesome this happends just when exiting game or after loading new map in BF4. I hope itsnothing serious guys... 

Check this video http://videobam.com/wLyxh this is what happend when i was playing BF4 for like a hour and when map changes and this happened. Im monitor is Philips 242g5 running at 120hz.

Does anyone know what it could be? Everything is just few days old... help plz

Thanks

PS: I got latest drivers installed

Hi all-------------------derp

is your gpu overclcocked if so to what settings and what are your gpu temps and you said you have latest drivers when you installed those is that when it started

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

is your gpu overclcocked if so to what settings and what are your gpu temps and you said you have latest drivers when you installed those is that when it started

Everything is stock as i got it. Temps are fine... i did some benchmarks and no crashes at all temps are about 80c under load. No this same thing happend before and now after installing new drivers same thing. Funny thing is when i try to exit BF4 i get that square as in video and when i play Sniper Elite and try to exit my sceen does in no signal mode....

btw here is event file 

Log Name:      Application

Source:        NvStreamSvc
Date:          2014-10-13 01:03:51
Event ID:      1
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      LASER-PC
Description:
The description for Event ID 1 from source NvStreamSvc cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

NvStreamSvc
NvVAD initialization failed [6]

Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name="NvStreamSvc" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49154">1</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-10-12T23:03:51.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>2693</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>LASER-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>NvStreamSvc</Data>
    <Data>NvVAD initialization failed [6]</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

i tihink its something about nvidia that is causing this problem im not sure

Try reinstalling the drivers but using a driver sweeper first. First download the newest nVidia drivers for your card and OS. Then download this program: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html 

Uninstall your nVidia drivers. Unplug your internet. Restart. Run the Display Driver Uninstaller program. Select nVidia and then click the button that reads "Uninstall the Current and Previous drivers and DO NOT restart the computer." Then select AMD and do the same thing except select the box that says "Uninstall the Current and Previous drivers and restart the computer (highly recommended)."

After computer is restarted, install the newest nVidia drivers you downloaded previously. When prompted, make sure you select/check the "Clean Install" option (it's at the bottom). Install the drivers and plug in your internet again. Make sure when the internet is plugged in you do not install the update from Windows for your graphics card which will appear eventually, make sure you hide that update.

Try again and see if it works. (Gets rid of black screen after exiting game)

btw here is event file 

i tihink its something about nvidia that is causing this problem im not sure

It's shadowplay that's causing it. Change it from Shadow & Manual to Manual.

FJHLyJu.png

Thanks guys! I did a re install of drivers as you said now I just need to set that shadow play and i will try it out later if it works. I hope it's not a hardware problem like my GTX 770

Damn it! I did all u said and i get this error now in BF4 ""Please change screen resolution to 1920x1080(60Hz)" i was playing for like a hour without any problems and then map changed and that .. no response from windows i had to restart PC. Yeah i get that same NvStreamSvc failed thing again in event log.. any help

PS: I was playing on 1920x1080 120hz on philips 242g5 144hz monitor

Damn it! I did all u said and i get this error now in BF4 ""Please change screen resolution to 1920x1080(60Hz)" i was playing for like a hour without any problems and then map changed and that .. no response from windows i had to restart PC. Yeah i get that same NvStreamSvc failed thing again in event log.. any help

PS: I was playing on 1920x1080 120hz on philips 242g5 144hz monitor

Are you recording with Shadow play or installing GeForce experience?

What do you mean with recording ? I have shadow play turned off completely are I still get errors problem is it does not happens all the time I played bf4 for like 2-3 hours exited the game everything was fine came back after a while got in to the game played one map for about half hour and then when map changed I got that error. I don't know what to do and why is it not happening all the time ?

What do you mean with recording ? I have shadow play turned off completely are I still get errors problem is it does not happens all the time I played bf4 for like 2-3 hours exited the game everything was fine came back after a while got in to the game played one map for about half hour and then when map changed I got that error. I don't know what to do and why is it not happening all the time ?

Try reinstalling drivers without GeForce Experience. Just do a Custom Install with ONLY Drivers, PhysX, HD Audio. Do not install GeForce experience or anything else.

Try reinstalling drivers without GeForce Experience. Just do a Custom Install with ONLY Drivers, PhysX, HD Audio. Do not install GeForce experience or anything else.

Thanks for the fast replay. I will try that tomorrow and see how it goes I hope it fixes the problem ... I get back to you if this helps

Thanks for the fast replay. I will try that tomorrow and see how it goes I hope it fixes the problem ... I get back to you if this helps

Well the problem is back! But this time i got black sceen and then i can hear the game in the background so i tried ctrl+alt+del and it worked for the first time! I was not able to end the game or any process just to see the error message and then i had to restart my PC. 

This is the error i got now

UrMrwTs.jpg

Well the problem is back! But this time i got black sceen and then i can hear the game in the background so i tried ctrl+alt+del and it worked for the first time! I was not able to end the game or any process just to see the error message and then i had to restart my PC. 

This is the error i got now

UrMrwTs.jpg

Do you have this installed and updated:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Try that.

I know but when you run that installer, sometimes it updates versions you are missing. I would try running it at least to see if anything gets updated. 

Nope,,, no need to install it says "directx no installation is necessary"

Yeah i tired that few time to repair it and did not help.. the good thing is that not at least i get errors that i can see

Nope,,, no need to install it says "directx no installation is necessary"

Yeah i tired that few time to repair it and did not help.. the good thing is that not at least i get errors that i can see

Run either vcredist_x64.exe (if you're on a 64-bit OS) or .vcredist_x86.exe (32-bit OS) from .../Program Files/Origin Games/Battlefield 4/_Installer/vc/vc2012Update3/redist

Also try installing this:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

The problem is still here! Damn it i starting to get angy..

In the video u can see that i was playing a map in bf4 like normal no lags or crashes then when its time to load new map boom! that happends now

VIDEO

The problem is still here! Damn it i starting to get angy..

In the video u can see that i was playing a map in bf4 like normal no lags or crashes then when its time to load new map boom! that happends now

VIDEO

What version of Windows you on. 

What version of Windows you on. 

Its windows 7

64-bit or 32-bit? Home, Professional, Ultimate?

Its windows 7 64bit Ultimate

My last PC i had almost same softwares installed and the windows was installed from same cd to old pc like this one and games download in origin so i should work like it did on my old pc i dont get it why all this problems...

Its windows 7 64bit Ultimate

My last PC i had almost same softwares installed and the windows was installed from same cd to old pc like this one and games download in origin so i should work like it did on my old pc i dont get it why all this problems...

Is this on a fresh install of Windows?