Swapping Cases

Christmas is coming up, and I was given a chance to chose what I want this year.

I was in conflict between choosing cases and other PC components ( http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/231389-gtx-970-vs-a-new-corsair-k70-rgb-along-with-an-m65-and-a-case/ )

Thanks to Revl8er, I'm made aware of the great Enthoo Pro case from Phanteks, which is the case I'm going to go with.

Now for the question:

Is it hard to swap cases? It seems like cable management will be a breeze in the Enthoo, which is good since it's been a long time since I build a computer myself. I switched to lazy mode, and had a guy do it for me. He bailed on me, and now I'm on my own, which I don't mind at all.

Just to make sure, I  have a checklist(ish):

- I know I can leave the CPU and RAM on the Motherboard, what else will I be able to leave? The CPU cooler? (In my case a Noctua NH-U14S) Perhaps more?

- How hard is it to mount a board in the Enthoo? The only problem/insecurity I have ever had with building PCs, is installing the CPU and the CPU cooler, but the board can make my cringe quite a bit.

- How long will it take? (Approx. ofc.)

- How high-risk is it?

Thanks in advance!

-Zonus

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain

--snip--

i wouldnt reccomend leaving the cpu cooler on because since its an air tower it can get ipped off if hit hard i would take out gpu also what gpu u have and it is not that high risk just be static free

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

you can leave everything on the board but the cooler reinstall it once its in the case

dif: -10

et: 1 hour

risk: min

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

you can leave everything on the board but the cooler reinstall it once its in the case

dif: -10

et: 1 hour

risk: min

Thanks! 

That lessened my anxiety xD

Do you think the NH-U14S will fit in it? it barely fits in my Z11+ sooo?

Thanks! 

It should fit without any trouble. IIRC the Enthoo Pro can fit coolers up to 190mm height and the NH-U14S is 165mm high.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

It should fit without any trouble. IIRC the Enthoo Pro can fit coolers up to 190mm height and the NH-U14S is 165mm high.

Thanks!

I guess that's it for my question and worries.

Hopefully all goes well in the swapping! xD

Thanks! 

the entoo I think is bigger

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Should I re-apply Thermal Paste on the CPU when I take the NH-U14S off? 

If so, I would obviously have to clean the old paste off first.
Should I use the same Thermal Paste (I currently don't have any) and cleaning materials as Paul in this video: 

I always leave the cpu cooler on. Come to think of it I've never installed or removed a cooler from a board while it's inside the case. Older cases don't always have a cpu cutout so you're not required to do that. Do remove the GPU though.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.