Call of duty black ops 2 being fundamentally broken help please

theloveablemoose

So like Black ops 2 is pretty broken every time i launch it through steam it crashes immediately with only a black screen with the circling blue cursor thing and my only option being ending the task in task manager. I've tried a multitude of things verifying the files reinstalling steam (which worked for a short while) running as admin drivers at that shit this is honestly slowly but surely making me regret the switch to PC.

Well regarding the last sentence, COD is a console game. Almost no one plays it on PC.

I remember Black Ops 2 (I played it for a couple days on a free weekend) was crashing for me because of just some random stuff in windows. After googling I found that the most surefire way to fix it was to reinstall windows. I didn't bother. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Well regarding the last sentence, COD is a console game. Almost no one plays it on PC.

I remember Black Ops 2 (I played it for a couple days on a free weekend) was crashing for me because of just some random stuff in windows. After googling I found that the most surefire way to fix it was to reinstall windows. I didn't bother. 

Welp imma go play forza because that's a thing.

Welp imma go play forza because that's a thing.

ok you do that. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

I just noticed that you have a rapid-i erm how is it.

Its good. But I would upgrade your desktop before buying a new keyboard.

Single player is also acting really strange.
I have a triple monitor setup and for some reason when I set the resolution to 5900*1080 the left and center monitor are fine but the right one is black for 4/5 part of the scree. When I set it back to 1920*1080 it plays normal on all 3 screens.

And for some reason when playing on that resolution regardless of being in eyefinity mode or normal single monitor mode, the text is squished on my middle monitor as if it is pressing a surround setup into 1 monitor. It's really awkward.
And since Black Ops 2 doesn't have an aspect ratio option I can't fix that.

I tried playing on my integrated Intel HD 3000 graphics and there it displays fine at a whopping 25-35 fps on low settings at 800*600.

The weird thing is that multiplayer works "fine" as far as Call Of Duty goes.

This is one of the reasons why I hate Treyarch as a developer. Actually no effort what soever on PC. I still can't play Black Ops 1 without lagging on any graphics setting. Couldn't on my 6950 2GB and right now it's still not ideal.

I still only like IW(in its previous state before the legal issues with activision began in 2009) as a true developer for call of duty. They dellivered great games which were actually running as they should.

My System:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X - CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro H100i Platinum - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-F - RAM: Neo 16 GB 3600 Mhz - GPU: 2x Sapphire Vapor X R9 290 OC in crossfire - OS SSD: Samsung Nvme SSD 256 GB Second SSD Samsung 840 Pro 512 GB - Games: RAID 0 3 x Seagate 1 TB HDD - Case: NZXT H710i - PSU: Corsair AX860i
Former Rig Picture: http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/10157-4-pc-may-2014/