Is there a compatible water block for the EVGA 970 FTW?

Hi all, 

I want to add a EVGA 970 FTW to my loop but can't seem to nail down any information on which is the best/most compatible water block for it. 

Does anyone know?

cheers

Do you know if it reference PCB? If you contact EVGA they will be able to tell you.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Do you know if it reference PCB? If you contact EVGA they will be able to tell you.

Not sure as I don't know how long the reference (is there even a reference 970?) board is? This one is 9.5" and is very similar to the gtx760 ref PCB, or so I've read. 

That's pretty much what I've been waiting with bated breath for .. I just wondered if there was anything else that might be compatible, as Ive seen some GTX670 water blocks have been compatible with 970's. 

What is the Part# of your card? that is the easiest way to find out if it is a ref PCB or not.
if it is 04g-P4-2XXX-KR then it is a custom PCB when going after the compatibility list published here: http://gpu.watercool.de/WATERCOOL_HEATKILLER_GPU_Compatibility.pdf
As a point of reference everything from EVGA where the cooler doesnt look like this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61gJCdxPexL._SL1500_.jpg Has a custom PCB and you will have to wait until a block manufacturer has designed a model for them.

Alphacool might already have one on the market for it go here: http://www.alphacool.com/download/compatibility%20list%20Nvidia.pdf and take a look at the following section: "Alphacool NexXxoS GPX - Nvidia Geforce GTX 970M02 - mit Backplate - black"

-Zaros

• 1 month later...

Hi all, 

I want to add a EVGA 970 FTW to my loop but can't seem to nail down any information on which is the best/most compatible water block for it. 

Does anyone know?

cheers

Let me know when you find an option buddy, I'm also looking for this.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Neither the 670 or the 970 block will fit on the 970FTW.  This card require a specific block which should be release "soon".

Gigabyte G1 Gaming block will be done too?!

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

• 1 month later...

Would the EVGA SSC GTX970 use a GTX970 reference block or the same one as the EVGA FTW GTX970?

And my hand is on the mouse ready to buy if I find a perfect option.

Would the EVGA SSC GTX970 use a GTX970 reference block or the same one as the EVGA FTW GTX970?

And my hand is on the mouse ready to buy if I find a perfect option.

SSC is in the same boat as the FTW.  Block release is for february

• 3 weeks later...

SSC is in the same boat as the FTW. Block release is for february

I see the other popular non reference blocks are out already. The G1, TF5 and strix came out in Jan. I really hope the release of the acx 2.0 block is still coming this month (Feb).

I have just purchased a EK L360 kit to go in my new R5 case. Im waiting on the block for my ftw to build it.

didn't know that bitspower also makes waterblocks :lol:

don't know about the compatibility though. the SSC and FTW have different pcb's to the SC and ASC 1.0 cards, and this block is supposed to fit  all of them?

Welp

didn't know that bitspower also makes waterblocks :lol:

don't know about the compatibility though. the SSC and FTW have different pcb's to the SC and ASC 1.0 cards, and this block is supposed to fit  all of them?

I've used 4 gpu blocks from them, never had a problem.

Their gpu blocks are all pre-cut offset on the block itself.

I think contacting their customer support would have a definitive answer.

On their compatibility table, SC and ref+acx are using Reference PCB

SSC and FTW use different custom PCB

so this block according to them can fit on 3 different PCBs... if that's the case without any performance compromise, this is totally an amazing block.

so this block according to them can fit on 3 different PCBs... if that's the case without any performance compromise, this is totally an amazing block.

Yeah, seems to good to be true..

Welp

that is pretty awesome. Lets see if the EK block looks good. Availibility for that bitspower block is really crappy in the netherlands.

Welp

to follow up on this, I just got response from BP customer support, they said the block does fit on all 4 cards.

I can't find this block on their website? no other retailers except the site you found have it listed..

Welp

Wonder if this block fits on FTW+.  That version is a bit longer than the original FTW.  As an aside, I spoke with Peter Sanj at EK, he indicated that the EK block for FTW is due out in 2 weeks.

Where is a good place to purchase the Bitspower block if it does indeed work on FTW+?

7900X, Asus X670-E ROG Strix , 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000, 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB NVME, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME,  EVGA RTX3080TI FTW3

EVGA Supernova P2 1000 PSU w/ CableMod, Asus Xonar DSX, Lian Li Galahad 360, Hyte Y60, Corsair K70, EVGA Torq X10, (1) Alienware AW3418DW Ultrawide, (1) Acer Predator XB271HU 1440P, Logitech G535

Wonder if this block fits on FTW+. That version is a bit longer than the original FTW. As an aside, I spoke with Peter Sanj at EK, he indicated that the EK block for FTW is due out in 2 weeks.

Where is a good place to purchase the Bitspower block if it does indeed work on FTW+?

I got my bitspower 970 acx block from performancepcs. It fit my regular ftw perfect.

Its at 1560mhz core 8000mhz memory at stock voltage 35-40c game stable now.

The water block really changed the gpu. It would throttle down to 1460mhz before on air.

http://imgur.com/pILbEmu

I can't find this block on their website? no other retailers except the site you found have it listed..

The site I gave you is the official site for Taiwan which is also where the company is located.

I can't be 100% sure but mostly http://www.bitspower.com.tw/has the latest news.

Wonder if this block fits on FTW+.  That version is a bit longer than the original FTW.  As an aside, I spoke with Peter Sanj at EK, he indicated that the EK block for FTW is due out in 2 weeks.

It does fit on FTW according to BP support.  I don't know any NA retailer selling it atm, I am afraid you can only order directly from them.

They ship by EMS, I am not sure how much that cost.  The last time I order from TW to New York was during their promotion(order over a certain $$ costs no shipping)

Edited: Wirerat got it from PPCs

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I have a bad news for some of you.  We previously had the 04G-P4-3975 970 SSC and the 04G-P4-3978 FTW+ as compatible GPU for the 970ACX Waterblock but with the detailed pictures of ericleeee30 on the EVGA forum we have to announce that those 2 GPU won't be compatible. sad.gif

When we created the block, we weren't able to have detailed images of those new PCB from EVGA and our first visual information of them were from reviews of the card from JayzTwoCents.

I'm really extremely sorry about this situation.  We will update the CoolingConfigurator to remove those 2 models from the compatibility list. Also, we currently have no plans for a future revision of the block to support those 2 cards.

Thanks and sorry again for the situation  :( 

Hi everyone!

I have a bad news for some of you.  We previously had the 04G-P4-3975 970 SSC and the 04G-P4-3978 FTW+ as compatible GPU for the 970ACX Waterblock but with the detailed pictures of ericleeee30 on the EVGA forum we have to announce that those 2 GPU won't be compatible. sad.gif

When we created the block, we weren't able to have detailed images of those new PCB from EVGA and our first visual information of them were from reviews of the card from JayzTwoCents.

I'm really extremely sorry about this situation.  We will update the CoolingConfigurator to remove those 2 models from the compatibility list. Also, we currently have no plans for a future revision of the block to support those 2 cards.

Thanks and sorry again for the situation  :( 

So i ordered the blocks for nothing.

Well fuck me.

Does anyone know if the bitspower block doesn't have the same problem?

Welp