1440p Suggestions

whatthe_fuzz
Go to solution Solved by OneGun,

My QX2710 has Zero dead pixels and minimal BLB..And the SquareTrade Warranty will refund him for anything they can't fix..I has a Asus PB278q and it was a worse panel then my QX2710 lol..Like i posted go to this dell site and watch people go through up to 8 monitors to get a good one lol..But they are suppose rto be quality panels at dell?Some people will just always hate cause they paid $700 for a sub par monitor running at 60hz.. :D

Go read through here regarding your Quility dell panels..They are worse then the Qnixs..

http://www.overclock.net/t/1380527/dell-u2713hm-2560x1440-semi-glossy-ips-club/550#post_20116743

And we all know response times mean nothing as the Viewsonic at 12ms has the fastest response time of any IPS/PLS panel monitor..

You are the one pushing your cheap Korean monitor.. buyers remorse all the way.

You feel the need to see others with the same monitor as you, so that you feel better about your decision.

You have never even used one now your saying it's cheap and Korean.. Where's your panel from Korea?I have owned more expensive monitors and returned cause they were sub par.. And you sound defensive but it's ok.. You spent more money for a lot less so that feeling is normal.. But yet I made links to all my findings and yet you just talk.. About something you know nothing about cause you have never owned one.. You say they have horrible motion blur well prove it and show some proof.. I think you just like to hear yourself talk.. Have a great day sir.. :)

You have never even used one now your saying it's cheap and Korean.. Where's your panel from Korea?I have owned more expensive monitors and returned cause they were sub par.. And you sound defensive but it's ok.. You spent more money for a lot less so that feeling is normal.. But yet I made links to all my findings and yet you just talk.. About something you know nothing about cause you have never owned one.. You say they have horrible motion blur well prove it and show some proof.. I think you just like to hear yourself talk.. Have a great day sir.. :)

Do you buy fake watches too?  :P

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Do you buy fake watches too?  :P

HAHA...Yes straight from China..

You have never even used one now your saying it's cheap and Korean..

The 2 words were together. I am aware that LG if a Korean company :). Don't try and be the smart ass.

Where's your panel from Korea?I have owned more expensive monitors and returned cause they were sub par..

That is why you should read in depth reviews.

And you sound defensive but it's ok..

The only thing I defend is the false information you provide.

You spent more money for a lot less so that feeling is normal..

LOL! When I bought my monitor, my budget was 1000$. I was looking at entry pro grade monitors. I ended up with a half price (after negotiating over the phone), high-end consumer grade monitor. So, money was no objection. Therefor it is impossible that I have buyer remorse. If I was not happy with the monitor. Dell will take it back, free of charge. I pay 0 on the shipping. I was perfectly happy with it, and fitted my needs perfectly. Dell give you 45 days form the day to make up your mind. So if you suggest that I regret my purchase, you cannot be more wrong. I knew exactly all the downside of the monitor, and made a decision that I am fine with it.. not for the reduce price, but because it doesn't effect me. You have no idea how much research I have done.

But yet I made links to all my findings and yet you just talk.. About something you know nothing about cause you have never owned one.. You say they have horrible motion blur well prove it and show some proof.. I think you just like to hear yourself talk.. Have a great day sir.. :)

You showed nothing. Just some people using some shitty 80$ TN panel, going with a Korean monitor. Yay?! Good for them, but their standards are sub-par. Or for some pro-cheap Korean monitor bias site. Me too I can give you links from pro MacOS sites on how MacOS is the best OS in the world. That doesn't make it right.

THATS IT! IM SICK OF TRYING TO DECIDE! I AM JUST GOING TO USE AN OCULUS RIFT! 480P FTW! 

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

THATS IT! IM SICK OF TRYING TO DECIDE! I AM JUST GOING TO USE AN OCULUS RIFT! 480P FTW! 

LOL  :)

Look it's simple. If you want a 2560x1440 monitor, like you really want one, and you don't have the budget. I agree with OneGun suggestion. But it is a risk to consider.

If you have the funds, getting a trusted manufacture gets you:

-> A certified normal A+ grade monitor

-> 3 year warranty, with the best in class dead pixel and bright/stuck warranty coverage, with no zone or distance crap to not cover you. IN the case of Dell monitor, you get to keep the monitor while Dell ships you a replacement monitor, and in the box of the replacement you'll find a pre-paid shipping label. So everything is covered including shipping. All you do is swap the monitors, and stick the shipping label over the old one, and call the mail carrier to come and pick it up.

-> A non-glossy monitor, frame and stand, so that you can focus on your work or game, and not be distracted or fighting with reflection, especially if you have any light behind you, or a window behind or next to you.

-> Solid build quality, with 0 wobble stand.

-> Dual-link DVI, DisplayPort, and even HDMI (1080p max on HDMI). USB hub too

-> color processor, Look Up Table, for helping being able to get the most of the panel

-> On screen menu with full monitor customization,

-> 1:1 pixel mapping, aspect ratio lock, Picture-in-Picture and Side-by-Side picture-in-picture (some feature varies between brands and models)

-> Fully adjustable stand, with metal mechanical system for durability.

-> Manufacture pre-color calibrated sRGB profile with report ready to be selected for stunning colors, for some monitors

-> You know what you are getting, reviews exists, and in many cases for such monitor, in depth review exists.

So the decision on which path to go, is yours.

There is definitely a risk..And i never said there wasn't..My only point GoodBytes is that these are good monitors if you get a good one..And for the price they can't be beat..I personally received a perfect monitor but alot of people are not so lucky..But with any monitor you play the monitor lottery..But by paying more and buying a reputable brand you do get a better warranty..As i never said different..All i do is tell people my experience with this monitor and all everyone does is bash it when they have no idea cause they have never even seen one.. All i know personally is i am glad i took the risk with my QNIX..I know there are better monitors with better warranties but for less then half the price people should give this a try..

And not all monitors come with all those warranties..The dell is by far the best warranty but IMO there quality control is horrible on the 2713HM..You can see it on dells website or google it and you will see what i am talking about..

If you want to spend more then you should get the Viewsonic VP2770 as it has half the input lag and less ghosting then both the ASUS and Dells..

Watch the second one here where he compares the input lag to the QNIX at 60hz..

at one point I was just rocking back and forth singing "Kumbaya" hoping this would get resolved :) I thought I had started a civil war! well this is definitely going to be a difficult choice for sure. I am known for my exceptional bad luck so Dell would suite me. aesthetically, I love the look of the Dell. economically, I love the QNIX

im going to save up for the Dell then when the time comes, argue my guts out to lower the price >:) then I will decide. thank you guys. you enlightened me on a topic I was clueless about!

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP