Mail-in rebate

SpaceCore
Go to solution Solved by Zeo2002,

Companies count on a few things when you're using MIR's, first and foremost, it makes you believe there is a "Sale" on the product and thus incites you to buy now. Otherwise, the list below I believe bares their thoughts on MIR's.

1) That you don't take the time to read every detail of what you must do (activate product, MIR application, cut UPC, print receipt, etc). There are no second chances, if you forget or don't provide one small thing you will not get anything.

2) That you find it too annoying/cumbersome to take the time to do the MIR .

3) You procrastinate and/or forget past the required mailing date to send the MIR.

4) The USPS fails to deliver the envelope. This is why I scan what I put in the envelope and the sealed envelope itself.

5) That you forget about the MIR.

In regards to #5 - I had to email Thermaltake about my MIR after 2.5 months (they said it could be 6-8 weeks after receiving the MIR to process and send out the MIR). They responded with "Call this number" I did and was told they would look into it. Didn't hear back until about a week later saying my MIR was processed and being mailed.

So, count MIR's as a bonus only and know that instant savings are 10,000 times better than any MIR.

R9 280 is only $150 USD! (bullshit)

where is the disclaimer that says innitial payment MUST be $180?

really dislike how its presented. anyway, I have a legitimate question: How long does it take to get that money back? do they send cash in the mail? (people still do that?!) or a check, so I can go to the cashier?

for $30 seems like a lot of work (go to USPS and send mail, wait some days, get check, go to cashier & get money) sigh..

SPAAAAAACE!!!

Typically they send you a Visa gift card in the mail that you can use pretty much anywhere. Usually takes a few weeks.

I dont like MIR's either, and i dont factor them into the price when building. Its just a bonus you get a few weeks later, although i got my $30 check from PowerColor about 3 weeks later. PowerColor might be the only one who offers to send a check. 

And that was also for a 280 lol

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

for $30 seems like a lot of work (go to USPS and send mail, wait some days, get check, go to cashier & get money) sigh..

LOL! cutting the UPC off the box, printing the invoice, putting both in an envelope and putting a stamp on it.....thats alot of work? lolol

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

LOL! cutting the UPC off the box, printing the invoice, putting both in an envelope and putting a stamp on it.....thats alot of work? lolol

Not a lot of work, more like an inconvenience.

yes, exactly :)

Companies count on a few things when you're using MIR's, first and foremost, it makes you believe there is a "Sale" on the product and thus incites you to buy now. Otherwise, the list below I believe bares their thoughts on MIR's.

1) That you don't take the time to read every detail of what you must do (activate product, MIR application, cut UPC, print receipt, etc). There are no second chances, if you forget or don't provide one small thing you will not get anything.

2) That you find it too annoying/cumbersome to take the time to do the MIR .

3) You procrastinate and/or forget past the required mailing date to send the MIR.

4) The USPS fails to deliver the envelope. This is why I scan what I put in the envelope and the sealed envelope itself.

5) That you forget about the MIR.

In regards to #5 - I had to email Thermaltake about my MIR after 2.5 months (they said it could be 6-8 weeks after receiving the MIR to process and send out the MIR). They responded with "Call this number" I did and was told they would look into it. Didn't hear back until about a week later saying my MIR was processed and being mailed.

So, count MIR's as a bonus only and know that instant savings are 10,000 times better than any MIR.

yes, exactly :)

define inconvenience:

trouble or difficulty caused to one's personal requirements or comfort.

I stand by my previous statement. I would call (extra) work/time "trouble or difficult to one's personal comfort" wouldn't you?

SPAAAAAACE!!!