~$2000 Gaming Build Fill In the Blanks

Go to solution Solved by xToFxREAPER,

psu around an 800 watt or so would be good, the superclocked card is just a higher bin and can overclock more but in theory the regular version can hit the same clocks so totally up to you i would say save the $10 asus makes some good monitors in your price range and cpu cooler something like a corsair h100i should round off the build nicely

CPU: i5-3570k

CPU Cooler:???

Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH Z77

Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16GB (2x8GB 1600MHZ or 1866MHZ)

Video Card: EVGA GTX 780 (there is a super clocked and a normal which one?)

Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 (Black)

Power Supply: ???

Monitor: ??? ( around $300-400)

Water cooling: On average how much does it cost?

There are a few things I would like to make sure before I purchase:

Will this system do a good job at minimizing bottlenecks?

For the CPU Cooler, I plan on custom water cooling eventually, but until then...

For the Memory: should i get the 1600MHz or the 1866MHz ~$10 difference, worth it?

For the Video Card, Evga has two models listed the 03G-P4-2783-KR (Super Clocked) and the 03G-P4-2781-KR.  There is a $10 difference is there any advantage in getting one over the other?

For the power supply I dont really know how much I need, later I might SLI

And the monitor i would like it to be a 120hz or Greater( I dont really know what I'm looking for) 24"-27" preferred

The following are simple steps you must take in order to receive the best help possible.

Two-Step Request Process

Step 1
- Are you buying in at least three days?

No - Make or Bump your topic at least three days before you're ready to buy.  Prices change very quickly, and deals don't last long.
Yes - Proceed to Step 2.

Step 2
- Fill in the appropriate form below.

PC Builds

- Budget:
- Zip Code or Location:
- Specific Use:
- Any preferred components?:
- Any spare parts you can re-use?:
- Overclocking your processor?:
- Need an Operating System?:
- Need a Monitor? / Mouse? / Keyboard?:
- Need a Wireless Card or Adapter?
- Need Another Component? (Specify):

Other Useful Info

- Preferred Case Features (Ex: Color, Side Window, Flashy):
- Number of Monitors:
- Other Info?:

PC Upgrades / Replacements

** You must post your current system specs.  The easiest way is to download Speccy, install it, run it, and post a screenshot of the results. **

- Budget:
- Zip Code or Location:
- Part(s) to Upgrade or Replace:

Laptops / Netbooks / Tablets / Everything Else

- Budget:
- Zip Code or Location:
- Specific Use:
- Preferred Features:

psu around an 800 watt or so would be good, the superclocked card is just a higher bin and can overclock more but in theory the regular version can hit the same clocks so totally up to you i would say save the $10 asus makes some good monitors in your price range and cpu cooler something like a corsair h100i should round off the build nicely

a corsair AX860i would do for a GTX 780 as well as an H100i because haswell does tend to run hot.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

For air cooling: Noctua nh-d14 (very quiet, ugly colors :)) , Phanteks ph-tc14pe (loudish, a lot of colors to chose from) or Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme/SB-E (good, loud -the extreme version).  I will get an Silver Arrow Extreme (if you will seriously overclock the Silver Arrow will be loud - 2500 rmp fans - but otherwise will be quiet).

Careful with the size of the rams - you need low profile ones and watch for height of the cooler heatsink - max 165mm with the Extreme  :mellow:

If you want water just go for H100i (better and thicker pipes than H110).

Prices are about the same for all, maybe 10 - 30 bucks a little more for the H100i (~130$ for all). I prefer air because it's just air, nothing can go wrong, but with water...

Good luck !

if you are getting an HDD, get a seagate. they are more reliable than a wd.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D