intel hd graphics not giving any output

bosfreak

Hi guys, so i was just playing a game of world of tanks when suddenly i hear the usb unplug windows sound and at the same moment, the screen goes black. I have already tries the screens other input using an old graphics card and i have tried resetting the cmos.

the screen powers on and gives a orange light, not the yellow active light.

The screen is a Dell 1280x1024 screen

I5 4670k (Noctua NH U12S), Asus Maximus VI Hero, Nvidia GTX 560 ti Asus DCU II, 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Kingston SSDNow v300 120 gb SSD 1TB Seagate Baracuda, Corsair Carbide 300R

I like pie

First I'd be trying another monitor, not the gpu. If it is the gpu then it will be the m/bd, not the chip and that's trouble. But I bet your monitor just barfed and you'll need to work on that.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

So just to be safe,

- You did check if the cable is working?

- did you check if the videocard is installed correctly in the PCI slot?

- did you check if the screen works when connecting it to anything else?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

Is there text on the screen during boot? Aka can you load up the BIOS? If yes, that it is probably a driver issue. If you get no image at all, my best guess is en physical unplug of the gpu

First I'd be trying another monitor, not the gpu. If it is the gpu then it will be the m/bd, not the chip and that's trouble. But I bet your monitor just barfed and you'll need to work on that.

I just tried the monitor on another pc and it worked just fine. After that i plugged the monitor back in, it's not working on my pc... Any thoughts?

Also, i'm using the integrated graphics (hd4600)

I5 4670k (Noctua NH U12S), Asus Maximus VI Hero, Nvidia GTX 560 ti Asus DCU II, 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Kingston SSDNow v300 120 gb SSD 1TB Seagate Baracuda, Corsair Carbide 300R

I like pie

Is there text on the screen during boot? Aka can you load up the BIOS? If yes, that it is probably a driver issue. If you get no image at all, my best guess is en physical unplug of the gpu

no, there is nothing on the screen

I like pie

So just to be safe,

- You did check if the cable is working?

- did you check if the videocard is installed correctly in the PCI slot?

- did you check if the screen works when connecting it to anything else?

The cable works.

Im using integrated graphics (hd4600)

I connected it to another pc and it worked fine

I like pie

The cable works.

Im using integrated graphics (hd4600)

I connected it to another pc and it worked fine

1. Try a different monitor.

2. Try a different video output.

3. If you have the other video card in the computer, try removing it.

4. RMA your motherboard?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

1. Try a different monitor.

2. Try a different video output.

3. If you have the other video card in the computer, try removing it.

4. RMA your motherboard?

tried point 1-3, seems like RMA-ing the mobo is the only solution. But if you have any other suggestions, i'd love to hear them.

I like pie

It's either your MOBO-s connector or the drivers are not good. If you checked your cables and outputs, than you're probably have to RMA the MOBO. Just don't hurry, go slow, try some other outputs, modes, monitors... If nothing works, try RMA... No real help, just some advice, sorry.

well, i ran iobit driver booster and it says the graphics driver is broken, i think that is the problem, also i have output again today, yay

I like pie