Is there a way to remove pattern on HTC One S if you have forgotten it?

Tahab_1

So basically... I was distracted when I entered my new code. I forgot it. Tried too many times and now i have to put in my gmail email and password, I don't know it... I also do not have USB debugging on and my phone is not rooted. Please help! I DON'T want to lose my pictures and music! I've spent way too long gathering them all. If anyone can help I would be very grateful!

"Lenghts of Snakes Match Each Silent Syllable" (PTM)

Personal Build #1 Intel i7 4790K ||Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 || Corsair H100i || 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz || Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 || 1000W EVGA PSU || Corsair Obsidian 450D  || Death Adder 2013 K70 *MX Brown*

Client Build #1 AMD FX 6300 || ASUS m5a99x EVO R2.0 || Hyper 212 Evo || 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600mhz || MSI R9 280 Direct CU II || Corsair 500W || BitFenix Neos White 

just go to your carrier and have them unlock it. you dont know the pattern, you dont know your email and password...sure its not stolen?  :P but yeah, just go to your carrier. 

So basically... I was distracted when I entered my new code. I forgot it. Tried too many times and now i have to put in my gmail email and password, I don't know it... I also do not have USB debugging on and my phone is not rooted. Please help! I DON'T want to lose my pictures and music! I've spent way too long gathering them all. If anyone can help I would be very grateful!

Only way that I know of is to restore. I believe the stock HTC bootloader restore also clears internal memory, however if you want to restore without deleting pictures/SD card content then you can unlock bootloader, flash custom recovery, and wipe /data from there

"Rawr XD"

just go to your carrier and have them unlock it. you dont know the pattern, you dont know your email and password...sure its not stolen?  :P but yeah, just go to your carrier. 

Hm, I'm on Vodafone in the UK. I DID NOT steal the phone, and I'm offended that you've implied so. The phone was given to me by my dad, about a year ago. The screen saver picture is what it is right now, there are pictures of me on it, my family, my friends, I can list you every single song on that phone. My facebook is logged in, as is my instagram, snapchat. The phone was registered in my dad's name.

Personal Build #1 Intel i7 4790K ||Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 || Corsair H100i || 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz || Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 || 1000W EVGA PSU || Corsair Obsidian 450D  || Death Adder 2013 K70 *MX Brown*

Client Build #1 AMD FX 6300 || ASUS m5a99x EVO R2.0 || Hyper 212 Evo || 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600mhz || MSI R9 280 Direct CU II || Corsair 500W || BitFenix Neos White 

Only way that I know of is to restore. I believe the stock HTC bootloader restore also clears internal memory, however if you want to restore without deleting pictures/SD card content then you can unlock bootloader, flash custom recovery, and wipe /data from there

Is there any way around it? Just to remove the lock pattern? I really wanna keep my photos!

Is there any way around it? Just to remove the lock pattern? I really wanna keep my photos!

There probably isn't.

It it's a security thing, if your phone gets stolen then the thief won't be able to access your personal data.

If you are sure it is not stolen just use a ruu, http://androidforums.com/one-s-all-things-root/691874-guide-how-run-ruu-your-htc-one-s.html

(we're suspecting that it is stolen because it is pretty normal to know your own email and password, or you could ask your dad)

Fair enough, it's only fair to suspect, however, can you talk me through how to do that? I'm baffled...

Hm, I'm on Vodafone in the UK. I DID NOT steal the phone, and I'm offended that you've implied so.

I agree, I know @LancerBG meant it as a joke, but it also annoys me when someone forgets their password/gmail/icloud info and when they seek help everyones like omg u stole a phone and ur asking us to unlock it for u thats illegal against coc and shit bruuhhhh

There's not really a way around it unless you can get your gmail info, you could use the lost password thing to find the gmail password but you would have to remember the address itself. There's a reason this security is in place, although it seems really annoying if you forget your info, it prevents a thief from simply clearing the passcode and having access to private photos and information

"Rawr XD"

There probably isn't.

It it's a security thing, if your phone gets stolen then the thief won't be able to access your personal data.

Also, if you think the phone is stolen, wouldn't I just have hard rebooted it? I want to keep my photos and music...

If you are sure it is not stolen just use a ruu, http://androidforums.com/one-s-all-things-root/691874-guide-how-run-ruu-your-htc-one-s.html

(we're suspecting that it is stolen because it is pretty normal to know your own email and password, or you could ask your dad)

Fair enough, it's only fair to suspect, however, can you talk me through how to do that? I'm baffled...

An RUU will wipe internal storage. If you're going to do an RUU and wipe everything including photos, might as well do the much easier method of just going into bootloader and choose factory reset.

Either way it will delete whatever's stored on the phone including pics and music

"Rawr XD"

I agree, I know @LancerBG meant it as a joke, but it also annoys me when someone forgets their password/gmail/icloud info and when they seek help everyones like omg u stole a phone and ur asking us to unlock it for u thats illegal against coc and shit bruuhhhh

There's not really a way around it unless you can get your gmail info, you could use the lost password thing to find the gmail password but you would have to remember the address itself. There's a reason this security is in place, although it seems really annoying if you forget your info, it prevents a thief from simply clearing the passcode and having access to private photos and information

I'm really forgetful, every time I sign into my email I have to go on forgot password... I really don't know the email... I have like a sense of what it might be... But I'll try reset my email on web

An RUU will wipe internal storage. If you're going to do an RUU and wipe everything including photos, might as well do the much easier method of just going into bootloader and choose factory reset.

Either way it will delete whatever's stored on the phone including pics and music

Is there a way I can atleast extract the photos while the phone is on lock screen?

You don't know your Google Mail, your password, you can't even click a file... Sorry, sounds like you just found the phone anywhere or stolen it.

I have an idea of what it is. The display picture is the same as my LTT profile. I know every song on the phone, and there are pictures of me, my family and friends on the phone, if I had stolen it I'd have wiped it. I want my personal files... I don't think it's fair for you to assume that even though I remember the day my Dad received it. 

Is there a way I can atleast extract the photos while the phone is on lock screen?

Not that I know of, if you could then someone who stole your phone could have access to (possibly private) photos, which is why these security measures are in place

"Rawr XD"

You don't know your Google Mail, your password, you can't even click a file... Sorry, sounds like you just found the phone anywhere or stolen it.

If OP found the phone or stole it then it takes ten seconds to go into HBOOT and factory reset so the phone is unlocked and usable again, OP wouldn't care about the pictures on it. Don't be a dick.

"Rawr XD"

Not that I know of, if you could then someone who stole your phone could have access to (possibly private) photos, which is why these security measures are in place

I understand, I'm going to focous on finding out what my email was :'( I made that email for this phone about 9 months ago.

If OP found the phone or stole it then it takes ten seconds to go into HBOOT and factory reset so the phone is unlocked and usable again, OP wouldn't care about the pictures on it. Don't be a dick.

Thanks bro.

I got my email, resetting password now! First guess aswell! Thanks for the help!

I got my email, resetting password now! First guess aswell! I'm a theif am I?

Being able to circumvent the lock would defy its purpose.  The lock is designed to secure whatever is on the phone. 

If there would have been a way to get around it, you may as well not have a lock at all.

If you forgot the combination, the data on there is locked away and the only way past the lock is by deleting the data via either an RUU or a factory reset.

Sure. "I don't know the password" is the most suspicious thing ever.

Yeah this phone is stolen.

Oh look more people who didn't read the thread before posting and making themselves look like inconsiderate idiots

"Rawr XD"

Dude... Everyone writes these excuses, and as long as you didn't check out EVERYTHING personally, you are an inconsiderate idiot, too. Now you can stop playing the compassionate, helping fool. I hope he really did steal the phone and make you look like a huge ass with helping him to wipe the passwords.

I'm not helping him to wipe the password. I have stated multiple times that not being able to get the data off the phone is the reason that the passcode lock is there. I never provided any assistance to helping him crack it. I said that he should just do it the proper way by getting the gmail information that the phone is asking for. Which you would know, if you read the thread.

Just because someone forgot their phone/gmail password, does not mean it's stolen. You're  making itself an inconsiderate idiot by assuming that the phone was stolen without any backstory, and not reading through the thread that's already been over with by the OP finding out his information after all, showing that the phone is his.

"Rawr XD"