quadro and tesla

imperialplanet

What is the difference between a quadro and the tesla GPU. 

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

Workstations for quardos are like for creative and Tesla's are more High performance calculations in computing so like accerating.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

i believe tesla's are compute cards 

(lol I actually wrote cars, not cards :P)

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Quadro's are workstation professional cards, and Tesla's are compute cards simply for number crunching.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I actually have worked with both (use a quadro 6000 in my own system).

Quadros are more for the extreme professional user.  They use double precision accuarcy (a very basic explanation on this is that it is kinda mimicking error correcting memory)

Teslas will be found in extremely extremely high end computers and/or supercomputers.  As others have stated they are for number crunching, but personally I have worked with a computer using four teslas and two zeons that for for 3-D modeling.

I actually have worked with both (use a quadro 6000 in my own system).

Quadros are more for the extreme professional user.  They use double precision accuarcy (a very basic explanation on this is that it is kinda mimicking error correcting memory)

Teslas will be found in extremely extremely high end computers and/or supercomputers.  As others have stated they are for number crunching, but personally I have worked with a computer using four teslas and two zeons that for for 3-D modeling.

for a personal server a Tesla would be better?

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

for a personal server a Tesla would be better?

Personal server with a Tesla? What are you doing on it?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Personal server with a Tesla? What are you doing on it?

i havent looked at prices for them yet but im trying to get ideas for what i need and what would be good. but i would use it for a personal cloud me me and some friends, maybe host a vpn, and hosting game server/s. 

\/Specs\/

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

i havent looked at prices for them yet but im trying to get ideas for what i need and what would be good. but i would use it for a personal cloud me me and some friends, maybe host a vpn, and hosting game server/s. 

You certainly do not want a Tesla. They are used primarily for doing math for mathematical analysis. Not the right option for a personal cloud or game servers. You dont need either a quadro or a tesla, both are professional level cards that are designed for a completely different use.

You certainly do not want a Tesla. They are used primarily for doing math for mathematical analysis. Not the right option for a personal cloud or game servers. You dont need either a quadro or a tesla, both are professional level cards that are designed for a completely different use.

oh ok, thanks for the info.

edit: is there anything special i should look in to?

\/Specs\/

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

oh ok, thanks for the info.

edit: is there anything special i should look in to?

For a personal cloud server you really dont need much power at all. Mine doesn't even have a GPU in it.I have never built a server for game hosting so I hope someone more knowledgeable on that comes around to answer. What games do you want to host?

For a personal cloud server you really dont need much power at all. Mine doesn't even have a GPU in it.I have never built a server for game hosting so I hope someone more knowledgeable on that comes around to answer. What games do you want to host?

...minecraft, and I want to host a bf4 server but I don't think you can though , and any other game that I can host them on. ( can't think of all of them right now.)

\/Specs\/

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

Servers are highly CPU-dependant. As @Real_PhillBert stated, you do not need a high-end GPU at all, let alone a Tesla or Quadro. 

| i5-2500k | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 | G.Skill 8GB | 2x XFX R9 280X | EVGA 1000W G2 Gold |

Servers are highly CPU-dependant. As @Real_PhillBert stated, you do not need a high-end GPU at all, let alone a Tesla or Quadro.

alright, so I'll just need a beefy xeon.

\/Specs\/

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

Yeah a tesla wouldn't be a great idea in a server

You honestly wouldnt even ususally put a graphic card in a normal server